Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

On 16/08/2018 at 14:58, 8pints said:

I wonder if he needs the lightning strike in his hair back. Maybe that will give him the added powers to score?

Image result for jonathan kodjia gif

My thoughts remain the same as this. That lightning strike was his spinach.

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Was he shite again? 

Cue all the 'he did fine' and 'haters gonna hate' bullshit posts. 

Complete waste, net negative to us. Looks like he doesn't belong out there. Completely lost.

And I'm a sucker always expecting him to be like he was back in time. He's not, and he never will be any more.

• Thanks 1

I really hate critising players I really do but kodjia brings it on himself, he is his own worst enemy at times.

Lets look at it like this when some of the other playets have recently been heavily criticised ie Whelan and hourihane, for example, those two players have done all they can to dig themselves out of the pit. Kodjia however comes on and you think he would want to show his team mates he can change and adapt. Kodjia should be showing us can bring the goals, be a team player but in fact he just looks like he doesn't want to be at villa anymore let alone play alongside his team mates.

He needs to change quickly, eight games left and if he doesn't show sign of improvement he will  be the first leaving which is probably best.

As it stands we have alot of work to do as a club in keeping our loaners at villa, selling some players on and keeping our players who should be staying at villa. If we can't keep Tammy I do not think Kodjia can be the man as Tammy set an example of what we need up front. Losing Tammy if we don't go up is going to cost some millions but it's an investment we have to be ready to make. Wingers are another couple of positions we need to assess, it's a position that's been off. Keeping Mings should be a must at all cost..

So much work to do and some of it I dread the outcome.

11 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Was he shite again? 

Cue all the 'he did fine' and 'haters gonna hate' bullshit posts. 

Nothing was more bullshit than your analysis of his sub appearance last Wednesday if we're being honest.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'll admit that I've never been a fan so it's easy to jump on him, but seriously, what's the point in even having this bloke on 5be bench? 

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

I'll admit that I've never been a fan so it's easy to jump on him, but seriously, what's the point in even having this bloke on 5be bench? 

He's a goal threat against tired legs as he proved today?

He was so damn frustrating though. Didn't need to try that spectacular shot from the Grealish shot for example. But when he can pull something out of the bag at any given moment, you've got to let him try I guess.

• Like 1

He thinks he's so much better than he actually is.

But credit where it's due. Had he not forced a brilliant save from the keeper, Adomah wouldn't have scored the 1-2.

Edited by LxYoungAVFC

Interesting roll of the dice from Smith. Very much not his sort of player.

He should have cushioned that chance back for Tammy and it was a great opportunity. He goes for some stupid scissor kick.

We've got very little out wide if El Ghazi isn't firing. I don't know what's happened to Kodj. He's just as likely to bag the winner in the playoffs as he is to play 90 mins and not have a touch.

He was immense today, so strong so tricky and he was doing the dirty work and chasing for the team.

I've been a huge critic of his recently but that was a very very good showing, everything he used to be with a bit of Smith work rate as well.

• Like 1

Â