Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Smith's confirmed should be back for Millwall 

Let's hope he starts with the same mentality that he showed when coming on against Rotherham - if he does - this will go a significant way to negating  Tammy's absence.

• Like 4

Such a strange player. Took his goal well, but should’ve scored moments before when set clear 1v1., a heavy touch cost him. 

Went on a mazy run second where he beat about 3 but then wasted the shot. It sums him up really. Glad he got us the winner, but a fit Tammy offers so much more.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Was getting pelters for his first half "miss"

Literally had to run flat out from the half way line, under pressure from a defender and a goalkeeper advancing. 

I don't think half the people in that stand have ran flat out since they were 7, I don't think they can grasp the concept of your mental state after a lung busting run....but obviously they still would have had the mental composure and gas in the tank to rainbow flick it over the keeper and nod it in. Kodjia, you chump.

The people in that stand aren’t paid 30k a week either.

It was a poor effort. 

I know the criticisms, and folk aren't wrong....but Hey, he scored and secured 3 points.....when a few others had chances and failed.

The frustrating thing is, we have few players who could execute that dribble in the second half, shame he didn't finish it off.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

Good game again today. I’ll never understand the hate he seems to get from the stands. Was fairly isolated for large parts of the game and put a shift in along with scoring the winner. 

Fans remember when players don't try. Kodjia has had a lot of games when he's not even bothered pretending to try.

Couple of bad misses but great he got the goal when starting up front. It should give him confidence.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Was getting pelters for his first half "miss"

Literally had to run flat out from the half way line, under pressure from a defender and a goalkeeper advancing. 

I don't think half the people in that stand have ran flat out since they were 7, I don't think they can grasp the concept of your mental state after a lung busting run....but obviously they still would have had the mental composure and gas in the tank to rainbow flick it over the keeper and nod it in. Kodjia, you chump.

He's a professional footballer getting paid a fortune. Having to sprint for about 5 seconds doesn't excuse missing a relatively simple chance. He did well for his goal though.

Edited by PieFacE

12 hours ago, tom_avfc said:

Good game again today. I’ll never understand the hate he seems to get from the stands. Was fairly isolated for large parts of the game and put a shift in along with scoring the winner. 

I don't think he deserves any 'hate', but I think we need better and I much prefer Davis to Kodjia. 

Kodjia has the ability and X-factor that means he can pull amazing goals from time to time, but the reminder of the time he doesn't influence the game at all. Davis might not score the odd screamer like Kodjia, but he is a much bigger asset to the team. 

Kodjia is like Darren Bent without the goals. 

Kodjia has way more ability than Bent tbf on the ball.

When he stands his man up he can still faint and skill past people in tight situations, but that player that would run at people from deep, do a skill, a faint or a turn, then give himself a few yards and leave them for dust is long gone. I was waiting for it yesterday but it never really came. 

I still think it was a hard chance when you are full pelt, it is not an easy skill when you are running flat out.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Kodjia has way more ability than Bent tbf on the ball.

I agree, but Bent actually scores a lot of goals. Which is my point. They have one trait that sets them apart, but it's not enough. 

43 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Kodjia is without doubt the most skillful player at club, that run in the 2nd half past 3 players was sublime. I'm just delighted we seem to have the best version of him back.

It also saddens me when our own fans don't appreciate him, seen it mentioned by a few people they'd rather have Davis starting - well that would have been 0-0 yesterday then.

This - 100%.

His footwork and ability to make a mockery out of defenders is brilliant. Only player who gets close is probably El-Ghazi, then maybe Jack. 

• Like 2

it is weird the criticism he gets, his first season he was on fire for us, he was criticised for not being a team player but he single handedly won us games and in a Bruce side he didn't have many attacking players around him further enough forward to bring into play.

Then he got badly injured and it's taken him a long time to get his mojo back, then Abraham was brought in and started delivering, Kodjia became an occasional sub or played on the wing which never suited him.

Is he selfish and does he work hard enough in the team, not often, does he work hard enough to get back in the team? No idea and his cameos at time has been abject, but like many players I think if he had a run in the team in his preferred position he would show more of his old form. Not saying he should start ahead of Tammy at all either, just saying he is not the spent force or as useless as some make out. Davis doesn't score goals, hope he comes good but at the moment he would play better with Tammy or Kodjia as his hold up play is great but in 39 matches in all competitions he has scored two goals.

• Like 4

Â