Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

Yep I'm not against either playing getting a regular game but we need an experienced head in there who knows the ins and outs of this league.

That's the problem with also Adama, Green and Grealish infront of them...exciting on paper but very inexperienced and what would it be like if we went a goal down?

I think all the players who played in internationals over the summer are back in training on Monday so hopefully this ties in with us getting our goal scorer. If we add just a goalscorer we will be ok body wise hopefully then we can start one out one in and improving the squad overall. I think RDM has had enough time now to judge who he wants out its just finding them buyers. 

The thoughts of RDM playing a 4231 with Gestede as the 1 worries me a lot, he showed last season that he is an impact player coming off the bench and in no way capable of decent hold up play and misses too many chances but can cause a lot of trouble when coming on vs tired defences. Hopefully he'll take his place on the bench.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bunnski said:

The thoughts of RDM playing a 4231 with Gestede as the 1 worries me a lot, he showed last season that he is an impact player coming off the bench and in no way capable of decent hold up play and misses too many chances but can cause a lot of trouble when coming on vs tired defences. Hopefully he'll take his place on the bench.

Based on last season I'd agree. But based on his last season in the Championship it's a different story (although I'd acknowledge we'd have to vastly improve our delivery to achieve that sort of success)

Although I'm almost certain we'll have a new "number 1" striker before the window shuts.

The thing with Rudy is, the goal is the same size and in the same place in any division.  If he can't head it on target in the Premier League, he can't head on target in the Tamworth Junior league under 10s.

9 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

The thing with Rudy is, the goal is the same size and in the same place in any division.  If he can't head it on target in the Premier League, he can't head on target in the Tamworth Junior league under 10s.

The pitch is the same size too. This useless lump couldn't cover a local five a side pitch.

13 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Thething with Rudy is, the goal is the same size and in the same place in any division.  If he can't head it on target in the Premier League, he can't head on target in the Tamworth Junior league under 10s.

I didn't think he missed loads of chances. We didn't play to his strength and his touch and physical abilities were not good enough for the premier league. 

He's clearly able to score goals at championship level but I'd hope he's not our number 1 striker. 

• Like 1

A lot of things went wrong last season. Gestede was one of them, however he's worth keeping for the championship as he's done ok there before. Maybe with the right service and approach he can score goals at this level. It's too big a risk for him to be our main striker but as back up there's a chance it could pay off. Assuming he's happy to stay and fight it out of course.

On 17/07/2016 at 04:08, Wainy316 said:

Maybe simplifying it a bit? Goals never change yes, but quality defenders do. Gestede struggles in the Premier League because the quality of player and defending is vastly better than in the Championship. He was a threat in the Championship, he wasn't in the Premier League and that is largely because he's not cut out for facing players that are actually semi-decent at defending. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

To be fair when you have Hutton crossing the ball, unless he is eleventeen foot tall he ain't gonna score many is he.

I have spent all morning looking at my tape measure for that measurement;)

15 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Maybe simplifying it a bit? Goals never change yes, but quality defenders do. Gestede struggles in the Premier League because the quality of player and defending is vastly better than in the Championship. He was a threat in the Championship, he wasn't in the Premier League and that is largely because he's not cut out for facing players that are actually semi-decent at defending. 

Unfortunately for us and Rudy there will be a few semi-decent defenders in the Championship and they'll most likely be playing for the clubs we need to compete with for promotion. It is still difficult to ignore Rudy's recent successful record in the Championship but I hope RDM will know when to use him and the occasions when a change in attack is needed.

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have spent all morning looking at my tape measure for that measurement;)

It's pretty simple really. The average height of a teenager is around five feet four inches. You multiply that by eleven and you get about fifty eight and a half feet, which is one and a quarter double decker busses or the height of a Hutton cross.

See. Simple

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brommy said:

Unfortunately for us and Rudy there will be a few semi-decent defenders in the Championship and they'll most likely be playing for the clubs we need to compete with for promotion. It is still difficult to ignore Rudy's recent successful record in the Championship but I hope RDM will know when to use him and the occasions when a change in attack is needed.

I would hope that the change in attack invloves Rudy and that he is not our primary attacking option.

• Like 1

On 16/07/2016 at 22:04, VillaChris said:

Yep I'm not against either playing getting a regular game but we need an experienced head in there who knows the ins and outs of this league.

That's the problem with also Adama, Green and Grealish infront of them...exciting on paper but very inexperienced and what would it be like if we went a goal down?

Cannot see any way that that 3 will be played.

No problems with the business done by RDM so far.

Personally I just doubt RDM's ability to hold things together over a whole season. Yes I know he's done it before - but to be honest right now Im thinking 8th-10TH....

Â