Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

2 hours ago, sne said:

A substantial clear out in among the senior players is imperative if we are to have any chance of achieving promotion.

(Imo)

Well I hope if there is to be a big clear out of players then all the staff at Bodymore Heath and Villa Park have a big whip round for them. Probably not though because I met a man on the bus the other week who said they were all a bunch of selfish knut festers. 

• Like 2

Managers look for trust in players.

They need to trust the player to do a job for them.

If RDM has any doubt.....they will be out.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Well I hope if there is to be a big clear out of players then all the staff at Bodymore Heath and Villa Park have a big whip round for them. Probably not though because I met a man on the bus the other week who said they were all a bunch of selfish knut festers. 

so conversely, how can we identify a generous/caring " Knut Fester":)

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I wouldn't ever claim to be a 'man on the bus' but I do know we train at Bodymoor Heath. ;)

18 minutes ago, brommy said:

I wouldn't ever claim to be a 'man on the bus' but I do know we train at Bodymoor Heath. ;)

I seriously looked at that when I wrote it and thought it looked wrong but then couldn't be bothered to do anything other than hit the submit button.  I am a lazy bottom

• Like 2

Sir Alex Ferguson reportedly wanted David Moyes to take charge of Aston Villa.

Aston Villa chief executive Keith Wyness has revealed to The Mirror that the club asked Sir Alex Ferguson for his advice regarding the managerial situation at Villa Park.

Wyness, though, has admitted that the Villans did not take the recommendation of the former Manchester United manager.

Villa appointed Roberto Di Matteo as the manager of the first team, but the decision was officially announced only this month.

The Villans had been without a permanent manager since the departure of Remi Garde back in March. Eric Black took charge of the first team for the final weeks of the 2015-16 season.

“I still hold a connection with Sir Alex from our shared time at Aberdeen,” Wyness told The Mirror.

"We were undertaking our research and he recommended a few managers to us. Sadly for Sir Alex, his first choice was discounted.

“Roberto’s appointment was very much the chairman’s decision. However, that’s no slight on Sir Alex. If you can speak to the best for their opinions, why wouldn’t you?”

According to The Mirror, Ferguson suggested to Villa that they should appoint former Everton and United manager David Moyes.

Moyes is without a managerial job at the moment, having departed Spanish club Real Sociedad back in November 2015.

However, it seems that new Aston Villa owner Tony Xia did not heed Ferguson’s advice and chose Di Matteo instead.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/19/report-names-sir-alex-fergusons-managerial-nominee-for-aston-vil/?

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He has probably won more game at Villa Park than the last 3  Villa managers combined!

The last three?! Would be a lot more than that I reckon! 20+ years of pretty much total dominance at Villa Park. Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez its depressing.

On 6/19/2016 at 10:51, TrentVilla said:

One thing nobody should listen to Sir Alex about is managerial appointments. There is a long list of Fergie backed former United and Aberdeen players who have flopped as manager and then there is the whole Moyes / United thing.

Before anyone brings up McLeish, the letter came after Lerner decided to appoint him not before.

There's nothing quite like a SAF letter of recommendation.

Â