Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

Just been chatting to a Chelsea supporting mate that said RDM speaks fluent English, Italian, French, German and Spanish. I often wonder if instructions get lost in translation sometimes - Sherwood decided it was too hard to even attempt to communicate with Veretout for instance. 

Plus it should help new players like Gollini settle in a bit quicker.

Edited by StanBalaban
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Just been chatting to a Chelsea supporting mate that said RDM speaks fluent English, Italian, French, German and Spanish. I often wonder if instructions get lost in translation sometimes - Sherwood decided it was too hard to even attempt to communicate with Veretout for instance. 

Gabby is shite - is undertandable regardless of the language

15 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Gabby is shite - is undertandable regardless of the language

You know the troll is next level when neither the thread or post even remotely coincide with the dig.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You know the troll is next level when neither the thread or post even remotely coincide with the dig.

Ok

Gabby is great, he should be on 60k a week and made Captain.

I hope RDM can say that in 5 languages so all the players understand.

no, wait a minute.......

41 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Ok

Gabby is great, he should be on 60k a week and made Captain.

I hope RDM can say that in 5 languages so all the players understand.

no, wait a minute.......

I'm not convinced you understand the point he was making there

• Like 4

Pleased that RDM can speak multiple languages properly - I bet this was what is was like with Sherwood and Crespo at Bodymoor Heath. Sherwood is Basil Fawlty, Crespo is Manuel and Sybelle at the end is is Randy Lerner - "why did you hire him?" "because he is cheap and keen to learn!"

22 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

This is true of most Swiss tbh, kind of unavoidable when a country has 4 official languages.

But agreed, will definitely help squad relations.

8 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Given 2 of those goals were direct freekicks I don't think it's possible draw many conclusions.

I didnt see the game or highlights. when saw the scorers I imagined Di Matteo had Bennett and Hutton as a modern day Roberto Carlos and Cafu ;)

17 hours ago, Zatman said:

only a meaningless friendly obviously but 3 goals from full backs. wonder will they be given a lot of freedom to attack this season in a new system

Meaningless friendly yes, but last year we were failing to beat Walsall, Fulham, Braga and Tamworth, so I'm making the most of it !:D

• Like 4

10 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I have had and still have my reservations about RDM, he wouldn't have been my choice or even in my top 3. 

But so far, I like what he has done and how he has done it.

I also like the way he is managing the players, they are getting really worked hard in 2 sessions a day and spending a lot of time together. Two things that were very much needed. 

What reservations do you have?

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

What reservations do you have?

I don't mean to answer for Trent, but many (including myself) were concerned about his ability to rebuild the squad, having never really undertaken a challenge of this sort to date. 

Edited by av1

Â