Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone else think it's disrespectful as hell how they constantly keep asking Tony how much money he has? I don't think I have ever seen them handle any other owner/chairman/director etc like this. Arseholes!

yeah i thought that. dr tony did looked a bit pissed off when asked

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone else think it's disrespectful as hell how they constantly keep asking Tony how much money he has? I don't think I have ever seen them handle any other owner/chairman/director etc like this. Arseholes!

I'm glad you have said that, I concur.

His money is very useful no doubt......but its his ambition, his drive, his determination to succeed and his passion for success, I am more interested in.

13 hours ago, useless said:

Footballer's at the highest level shouldn't need rollickings, and any of ours that do, then we're better off getting rid of them. Discipline can come in many forms, it doesn't have to be ranting and raving.

I would assume this is why Alex Ferguson was so famous for his meek and mild dealings with his players whilst they went about winning more trophies in a decade than most clubs have in their history 

Ferguson's an exception to the rule, such is his name in the game that he can shout at players and despite them being millionaires they're still likely to listen to him. Shouting isn't useless on all players of course, but some just don't care how ever much you rant and rave at them. And there was so much more to Ferguson's managerial style than shouting.

I'd rather our current management team's managerial style pander to (a reasonable extent) to the new players that we're going to sign rather than the ones who've let us down so badly last year.

Aston Villa boss Roberto Di Matteo reveals why players must leave

New manager Roberto Di Matteo of Aston Villa

Roberto Di Matteo has warned that there could be an exodus of players as he looks to trim Aston Villa's squad.

According to the Villa website the first team group will include 29 players following the release of Charles N'Zogbia, Kieran Richardson, Janoi Donacien and Lewis Kinsella.

And Di Matteo has hinted that there could be more departures as he looks to get a tight knit squad for their assault on the Championship.

There will be incoming business as well with Bournemouth captain Tommy Elphick expected to be the new manager's first signing.

"First of all when I analysed the squad I think we have too many players, the squad is too big so I will certainly look to trim the squad," said Di Matteo.

"I will try to identify the right players for this season that will give us an edge and improve the team in many aspects. Physical aspects, technical aspects and also the human aspects.

"It’s important that we create a group of individuals that work as a team. I think that’s vital that we have a good, united team on the pitch."

Birmingham Mail

Sounds absolutely spot on. Off you go, losers!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Just to give an idea of the dressing room RDM is inheriting, the players were asked to make a contribution to help reduce the number of staff redundancies (60 at BMH alone) and they refused. They ^&%*(*& refused, the spineless good for nothing bunch of pampered millionaires refused to put their hands in their deep deep pockets and help keep the people around them in jobs, jobs they were losing in no small part due to their inability to do their jobs. Appalling.

Every single player refused?

I doubt that very much, we have a hell of a lot of C words, but not one even made a ‘small’ contribution? Sounds like nonsense to me.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Someone with a smile on their face at Villa Park, with the exception of Lescott in the car park I can't recall the last time I've seen that.

Not posted in 6 months such was my utter disgust with the way the club was being run I couldn't even be bothered.

I've a few doubts about the new faces, from the owner right the way down to RDM but I'm happy to give them all a chance and some time because what they are inheriting is nothing short of a ^%$*(&^ disgrace and a shambles.

Just to give an idea of the dressing room RDM is inheriting, the players were asked to make a contribution to help reduce the number of staff redundancies (60 at BMH alone) and they refused. They ^&%*(*& refused, the spineless good for nothing bunch of pampered millionaires refused to put their hands in their deep deep pockets and help keep the people around them in jobs, jobs they were losing in no small part due to their inability to do their jobs. Appalling.

The cull required is huge, the depth of the problems run deep and the dressing room is currently stocked with players with neither the ability or the character required to represent our club now or at any time in the future. I literally can't wait to see some of the them follow the waste of skin that was N'Zogbia out of the door.

RDM has a hell of a tough challenge on his hands, I wish the guy luck. 

Thats a big accusation Trent re the players not helping out with offsetting redundancies, are we to assume you have this first hand and from a very reliable source?

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/heres-how-you-reacted-charles-11265798

Up to 500 Villa employees face redundancy and N'Zogbia took to Twitter to say all of the first teamers should donate two weeks of their own wages .

"Of course I care, why would I be happy to see people losing their jobs. I have a heart like you, so what do you want me to do!" tweeted N'Zogbia.

He continued: "We should ask the Villa captain to take 2 weeks wages for the 1st Team players salary and give all to the staff employees.

"I think it's a fair deal for the employees... I'm happy to do that if all players follow."

There may be a public face to CNZ that isn't backed up in private, but this is a pretty strong bit of evidence to suggest that at least one player was willing to dip into his pocket.  Don't disagree with the premise that the squad is full of clearings in the woods though.

• Like 2

I see RDM as an 'everyone's pal' type of manager, rather than as any disciplinarian type.  Coming into this squad I think he'll need to show a kind of steel that I have yet to see from him at any point in his managerial career so far.  If he manages to transform this squad's attitudes from the state that they're in now without losing them in the process, then he'll have shown me that he has more strings to his bow than I thought he had.  I have no problem with him though.  I like him and he comes across as a very amiable character.  I just hope he has in him what's needed at this club right now and he has my full support.  A smoothly run Villa under the stewardship of Di Matteo would be a very welcome thing indeed.

19 minutes ago, BOF said:

I see RDM as an 'everyone's pal' type of manager, rather than as any disciplinarian type.  Coming into this squad I think he'll need to show a kind of steel that I have yet to see from him at any point in his managerial career so far.  If he manages to transform this squad's attitudes from the state that they're in now without losing them in the process, then he'll have shown me that he has more strings to his bow than I thought he had.  I have no problem with him though.  I like him and he comes across as a very amiable character.  I just hope he has in him what's needed at this club right now and he has my full support.  A smoothly run Villa under the stewardship of Di Matteo would be a very welcome thing indeed.

Any short coming that Di Matteo may have in terms of steel/being a disciplinarian will hopefully be made up for by Steve Clarke. They seem an ideal pairing to me.

As with any new appointment time will tell and I do think it will take some time to sort out the issues in the squad as it wasn’t just a lack of ability that saw us take 17 points last season it was a lack of desire and too many players with poor attitudes. The signing of Elphick is hopefully an indicator of what is to come in terms of players coming into the club with the right attitudes than can influence others.

One thing is for sure is that if Di Matteo manages to get us into the top 6 next season he will have done one hell of a job as he has inherited a shambles that is going to take some turning around.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

Our squad is bloated so I'm glad RDM has realised this but a lot are ones who weren't here last year basically the loanees and the 4/5 that we all want shot of. I think there's only about 12/13 we'd all want to keep. As for Trent saying the players could've chipped in to stop redundancies I'm sceptical but I'm glad they didn't as we had too many permanent staff anyway. If it was them chipping in to help with their redundancy money I'd be all for it and would imagine most players would. 

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

Our squad is bloated so I'm glad RDM has realised this but a lot are ones who weren't here last year basically the loanees and the 4/5 that we all want shot of. I think there's only about 12/13 we'd all want to keep. As for Trent saying the players could've chipped in to stop redundancies I'm sceptical but I'm glad they didn't as we had too many permanent staff anyway. If it was them chipping in to help with their redundancy money I'd be all for it and would imagine most players would. 

My thoughts exactly. It wasn't clear from Trent's post who made the proposal and what precisely it entailed but the feeling was Hollis was looking to slim down non-playing staff as part of his shake-up of the club so it's not clear if the board would have supported such a plan,

• Like 1

True. I'm concerned that as they haven't worked with most of these losers before, that they might think, for example, "Richards had a bad season but he should be able to handle the championship" but his attitude is the problem for me, he's not the only one but there are a few poisonous attitudes which need to go, but will they pick up on them over a short preseason?

• Like 3

It's a tough one to call. RDM coming in basically gives everyone on the team a clean slate. Yes Roberto will have a few ideas on who needs to go but if players make a case for staying and fighting then why would he get rid of them?

Richards and co may surprise us with a change of attitude if they stay on and actually turn into decent players. The chances of this are low though, and it's almost guaranteed they see themselves playing at a higher level.

I'm willing to give some a second chance. But they need to prove themselves quickly and win back the fans. 

Putting a lot of faith Robertos choice of players he wants to stay. 

I will be disappointed but not too fussed is RDM starts the season with several of the bad attitude bunch, mostly because I will assume that nobody was foolish enough to offer anything for them, or pay them salaries large enough to tempt them away.  But if he plays them, and their attitude continues to suck, but he keeps playing them anyway....

I'll wonder where Black bought an RDM costume.

Â