Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

49 minutes ago, hippo said:

Clarke not a tough guy though - I don't know where people have got that from. He is a very well liked man - and a well respected coach - and has done well as assistant manager. But he isn't the disciplinarian in the team. ........All IMO of course.

I think RDM will struggle with discipline - that and his lack of experience buying players will weigh heavily against him IMO.

That's all guess work though - unless clarke is your dad and he's given you a rollicking.

I've never understood people assuming from a guys behavior on the pitch and in interviews, that he can't give someone an absolute bollocking.

Every man has a temper, and managers can use this behind close doors.

Footballer's at the highest level shouldn't need rollickings, and any of ours that do, then we're better off getting rid of them. Discipline can come in many forms, it doesn't have to be ranting and raving.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, useless said:

Footballer's at the highest level shouldn't need rollickings, and any of ours that do, then we're better off getting rid of them. Discipline can come in many forms, it doesn't have to be ranting and raving.

No...but some need it. And respond to it.

Of our current the players I'd rather get rid of the slackers, rather than bring someone in to pander to their needs. I'm sure they've been shouted at already by previous managers and coaches, and it hasn't made any difference.

• Like 1

I honestly think RDM won't take no nonsense, let's not forget he's been a top player, won countless things, this idea that we need a disciplinarian is rubbish, course he's going to discipline them, he knows what he is doing by all accounts. 

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

Just watched his video on AVTV.  Spoke very well, "the only way is up".

Not true, though. Down is still very much a possibility. 

41 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Someone with a smile on their face at Villa Park, with the exception of Lescott in the car park I can't recall the last time I've seen that.

Not posted in 6 months such was my utter disgust with the way the club was being run I couldn't even be bothered.

I've a few doubts about the new faces, from the owner right the way down to RDM but I'm happy to give them all a chance and some time because what they are inheriting is nothing short of a ^%$*(&^ disgrace and a shambles.

Just to give an idea of the dressing room RDM is inheriting, the players were asked to make a contribution to help reduce the number of staff redundancies (60 at BMH alone) and they refused. They ^&%*(*& refused, the spineless good for nothing bunch of pampered millionaires refused to put their hands in their deep deep pockets and help keep the people around them in jobs, jobs they were losing in no small part due to their inability to do their jobs. Appalling.

The cull required is huge, the depth of the problems run deep and the dressing room is currently stocked with players with neither the ability or the character required to represent our club now or at any time in the future. I literally can't wait to see some of the them follow the waste of skin that was N'Zogbia out of the door.

RDM has a hell of a tough challenge on his hands, I wish the guy luck. 

We don't always agree, but I do on this.....glad to see you back posting.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone else think it's disrespectful as hell how they constantly keep asking Tony how much money he has? I don't think I have ever seen them handle any other owner/chairman/director etc like this. Arseholes!

It kinda is, but it's also what we are all wondering :)

Â