• limpid

      Just visiting?   27/12/16

      Please click "Sign Up" and login to use the full functionality of the site.

srsmithusa

Full Members
  • Content count

    2,150
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

srsmithusa last won the day on May 16 2014

srsmithusa had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

1,384 Excellent

About srsmithusa

  • Rank
    First Team

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Gone to Texas
  1. Steve Bruce

    And some like me, who would rather we have changed months ago but have no choice but to wait and see.
  2. Steve Bruce

    But why do you think "holding our noses" is the best way to go up? Isn't that an oxymoron?
  3. Steve Bruce

    I have thought we would be better without Bruce for a long, long time. I fear greatly that he will fail to get us promoted. Having said that, he is winning and getting points. He should stay as long as that continues. However, He has made a series of poor decisions and blunders ever since he came. He had us setting up far too deep at the start of the Forest match and again after half time. I will agree that his line-ups and subs have made much more sense in league games lately. But why on earth it took him months to see what was obvious to rank amateurs on a fan forum is baffling to say the least. I still don't think he's using Hourihane, or Lansbury at their best, and HE BOUGHT THEM. I will confess that my desire to criticize him increases greatly every time he or a poster on here pretends that his critics are hysterical, or over-reacting, or naive, or taking too big a risk, or not good fans, or hurting the team, or impatient. Perhaps my biggest pet peeve are those who pretend it's a risk to replace him and safe to keep him. There is a significant risk he will fail to get us promoted. I know, I know, 4 promotions... but 12 failures to get promoted is an equally valid observation, (I'm not positive that count is right and I'm willing to be corrected... but it's close) It's also annoying that people think anywhere in the top 6 is good enough. IMO, it's not. Top 2 or the risk is too great. There's a 75% chance of failure at that point. 75% chance of failure is not a wheel I want to spin. Not when better performances could turn that 25% winning chance into 100% !! Performances I think we are capable of making if managed well. If we don't go up this season, I think it's long-term devastation to the club. So, TODAY, I'm OK with him staying. The question is, will we revert to what we were doing all of last season and the early matches this season? If any of us knew the answer to that question, we could make a lower risk decision. I wish more would honestly admit that they don't know the answer to that question. TBF, his critics that ignore the fact that we're putting 3 points on the board and that matters, annoy me too. Maybe I'm just easily annoyed these days. I Blame Bruce for that Or maybe TRO
  4. Steve Bruce

    excluding last year, of course.
  5. Match Thread: Villa v Nottm Forest

    We were lucky to escape there.
  6. Match Thread: Villa v Nottm Forest

    Looks like we've gone to 4-4-1-1 and setting up 20 yards deeper.
  7. Match Thread: Villa v Nottm Forest

    good to see Terry play with more passion taking control of things at the back more
  8. Match Thread: Villa v Nottm Forest

    Anyone notice that our fans are still singing while our defense looks pathetic?
  9. Match Thread: Villa v Nottm Forest

    Sorry, Perhaps I over-reacted. I'm tired of being told that those who don't think the manager is doing a good job are hysterical, hypercritical, impatient, negative, hurting the team, etc. it does border on blaming the fans for his failures.
  10. Match Thread: Villa v Nottm Forest

    So, it's the fans fault. Were hysterical and not positive enough. Absurd.
  11. Match Thread: Villa v Nottm Forest

    Thinking we looked bad and voting take a goal away are a pretty good distance apart. The first was truthful and accurate, the second is insanity. I find those hard to confuse.
  12. Match Thread: Villa v Nottm Forest

    Oh, well I'm happy to help. the comment were accurate We were abysmal and the moves from kodjia and Adomah were individual brilliance. To be fair we have looked much better since the goal. We're defending and pressuring about 30 yards farther forward.