Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

4 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm really looking forward to hearing from him, more than I am those above him, once the takeover is complete. Hell of a job on his hands and I really want to be impressed. 

I want to feel hope again. 

Nice girl that Hope but no need to bring up your lurid thoughts on here young man.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I'm really looking forward to hearing from him, more than I am those above him, once the takeover is complete. Hell of a job on his hands and I really want to be impressed. 

I want to feel hope again. 

Think he will need a DOF to be effective. 

Wish him all the best - but can't help he is the wrong man for us. 

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 21:32, useless said:

Interestingly I have the most likes in that thread and possibly the most starred posts. I couldn't possibly take the compliments though, one it's not in my nature and two I just copy and paste the jokes from elsewhere. To be honest in real life I don't like jokes I just post them on here to cheer people up.

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 21:33, sexbelowsound said:

Be honest. You're Jesus aren't you?

Maybe Amélie?

• Like 2

Di Matteo has made up for one of his main weaknesses (lack of discipline) by signing up Steve Clarke. Unwavering genius and an all-round top backroom team.

On 08/06/2016 at 20:58, The Fun Factory said:

Has RDM had the press conference/holding villa scarf over head in the trinity road stand yet?

Yes!

11 hours ago, Spoony said:

I like the way he holds himself. I have a good feeling about him. He just seems like The Boss.

I agree. Seems very comfortable in his own skin. Looking forward to hearing him speak. Hopefully he is ready to get his hands dirty.

12 hours ago, meme said:

Di Matteo has made up for one of his main weaknesses (lack of discipline) by signing up Steve Clarke. Unwavering genius and an all-round top backroom team.

Clarke not a tough guy though - I don't know where people have got that from. He is a very well liked man - and a well respected coach - and has done well as assistant manager. But he isn't the disciplinarian in the team. ........All IMO of course.

I think RDM will struggle with discipline - that and his lack of experience buying players will weigh heavily against him IMO.

11 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

It's a fair point.

With a decent budget though I'm sure RDM will get us winning enough games at championship level, he did get 90 points down there with WBA.

Hopefully it's enough to get us promoted. 

We have the likes of Burton Albion in the division - you can be be a very poor side and still finish 10th or so. - See Rowett at blues - poor players, no money, turmoil of the field, but a bit of organisation and they are top half and were in touching distance of the play offs for a good whack of the season.

Nice little snippet from RDM on the OS

Roberto Di Matteo has spoken of his delight at joining Villa for an "exciting era with ambitious plans".

Di Matteo toured Villa Park with new Owner Dr Tony Xia and was in buoyant mood for the season ahead - and the future for the claret and blues.

He knows the pain suffered by fans over the past few seasons, culminating in relegation from the top-flight.

But he's determined to turn around the fortunes of this huge Club.

He said: "I'm very happy that I've been given the chance to work at this Club.

"I'm excited and my backroom staff are excited - and we're looking forward to starting work.

"There's a new Owner coming in and he has ambitious plans - exciting plans. I think that really rocked my boat.

"It's a fabulous Club that's had some problems in the last few years. I think if we manage to turn it around it can be a very happy place and exciting place for the future.

"I think that happiness is important in sport and in life. Happiness is a consequence of success.

"If we manage to win games on the pitch, we'll give people a happy feeling when they're going home so our aim is certainly to give people some of that.

"We'll work tirelessly to achieve that.

"My message to the fans is that the only way is up!"

RDM

• Like 4

Â