Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Apparently there are rumours on Twitter that the board have pulled the plug on the January transfer budget and Remi is livid.

Hopefully that's just nonsense and we are going to actually sign a player or two.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Apparently there are rumours on Twitter that the board have pulled the plug on the January transfer budget and Remi is livid.

Hopefully that's just nonsense and we are going to actually sign a player or two.

I think that's rumours based on what's been said at the meeting. 

I think we'll try and bring in a couple of players, probably the keeper and someone on loan. It certainly won't be anything like our relegation rivals and I have serious doubts as to what future transfer windows will bring. 

7 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

If it's true then we may aswell lock the thread.

• Like 1

I'm not really that bothered whether or not we sign Debuchy on loan as we are pretty much down anyway and he won't be here next season. Might as well stick a promising youth player at RB and see how he gets on.

Kalinic might be alright though, especially in the Championship.

43 minutes ago, Tayls said:

What players have we loaned out to the championship this season? If we are looking at shifting more - will those players be starters next season? 

Baker, Gardner, Robinson, Joe Bennett think Steer as well

51 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Baker, Gardner, Robinson, Joe Bennett think Steer as well

The makings of a solid home-grown championship team there. Add a bit of sparkle to that lot and we shouldn't have too many issues coming back up 

The only januarys we had any success was care and young and the one when we signed bent.

I remember when we signed bent what  abuzz around the place then we went and beat city at home. Thats all it takes a signing to change atmosphere at the club. But of course these clowns  wont do that

Then long live the clowns.

The last thing we need right now is a 75k a week 24 mill striker that would cripple us if we went down.

I agree with what they say in that we have to look at value. Someone who could help us survive but would stick with us and help us get back up. I imagine that is incredibly difficult to find and arrange.

Let's see what happens.

• Like 1

Nothing surprises me with the way Aston Villa are being run into the ground by this board.

That said I don't believe twitter bs although the longer we go without signing a player this month the more I worry that the "infrastructure board" have decided they know best.

I just hope we don't lose RG because he's the only one who seems to have the answers. And that's with a very limited squad.

We've known better times lol.