Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Not only did we not sign anyone which is bad enough,  but that would have been marginally bearable if we had cleared out the shitter ones as then we could legitimately play the yoof for the rest of the season.  But we didnt even take the chance to ship out lescott and richards for cash which would have been good and frankly two decisions I cannot for the life of me understand 

• Like 1

Just now, jon_c said:

Putting 'the yoof' into this team and situation would probably do their development more harm than good at the moment.

or it may toughen them up in preparation for the fight ahead.  Not sure why it would harm them its a no lose situation.  We are down and the next 15 games are practice matches,  all free hits

Is it still possible to sign players who are out of contract?

If so Leandro Damiao's transfer to Betis fell through at the last minute.

Supposed to be the next great striker coming from Brazil a few years back, Spurs and Napoli tried to sign him. Hasn't really pushed on.

Was about to sign for the rest of the season with Betis, might be an option for us?

Just now, sne said:

Supposed to be the next great striker coming from Brazil a few years back, Spurs and Napoli tried to sign him. Hasn't really pushed on.

Was about to sign for the rest of the season with Betis, might be an option for us?

Send this info to the club!

59 minutes ago, sne said:

We'd never get him a work permit.

Still hoping they take me up on my offer to be honest, I'd cost less than a youth player. It's an experiment that cannot fail if we've accepted relegation already, and hasn't every football fan wondered how someone in the stands would cope at the top level, "I could have scored that" etc? Sign me up! 

please don't boo me if I miss a sitter though :(

26 minutes ago, jon_c said:

We'd never get him a work permit.

On that interesting reading today regarding how Pato got a WP depsite not playing for brazil for 3 years , all down to money ...and stature of clubs involved in the transfer

Free agents we can sign I belive , Robinho is touting himself about 

6 minutes ago, Nabby said:

Robinho is touting himself about 

That might be fun to watch which is something I cannot say about our remaining games as things stand. Will he want paying though? 

I wrote before the window opened that the most we could hope for was one or possibly two loan players in this window and we didn't even get that. It's been clear that the club have known that we will be relegated for some time now and (IMO) they are operating under the false knowledge that this will be a good thing for the club. They are in for a big surprise.

I'm just baffled as to how anyone who has been following Villa for the last few years is surprised that we didn't sign anyone in this window. There was never going to be any real money to spend on players.

5 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I'm just baffled as to how anyone who has been following Villa for the last few years is surprised that we didn't sign anyone in this window. There was never going to be any real money to spend on players.

Not surprised, tbh, but disappointed. There's still, what, 12 weeks left in the season? How do the club expect to keep fans entertained even in a minimal way?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Not surprised, tbh, but disappointed. There's still, what, 12 weeks left in the season? How do the club expect to keep fans entertained even in a minimal way?

They don't.They don't care about the rest of the season, they are already planning for the championship. The players and manager will just go through the motions so it's time to find something else to do with your Saturday afternoons. Might I suggest bog snorkling, It would be more enjoyable than watching Villa. 

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

273 pages on this topic. The results? Well.... What an utter shambles.

Just do one.

Reilly should resign today. Chief "scout" and he can't find one player in the world that would make us better and join us. He's a disgrace and stealing a living.

Fox should give a statement as to what went wrong. However we all now know that the man is just a liar.

Hollis should address the fanbase explaining what changed so that promises the club made to Remi Garde about new players were broken.

text deleted by mods

5 hours ago, jon_c said:

Putting 'the yoof' into this team and situation would probably do their development more harm than good at the moment.

No it wouldn't, it gives them game time at a high level and infinitely more perspective into what's at stake in this game than playing in the U21s. 

Seriously, people seem to think players are more delicate than they actually are! They are professionals, and you know what, if they truly can't hack this sort of thing then they really have no future at this club, because this is our fate for the next few years, even if we bounce right back up it's highly likely we'll be in a relegation battle.