Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

So 9 days left into the most important transfer window of this clubs recent history and nothing. Unbelievable.

**** you Lerner. I hope you don't get a penny back, in fact, I hope you lose it all. 

13 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

So 9 days left into the most important transfer window of this clubs recent history and nothing. Unbelievable.

**** you Lerner. I hope you don't get a penny back, in fact, I hope you lose it all. 

It's gonna be a hard sell to anybody to sign for our club. Our only hope is lower league players or players from the continent in crappy leagues.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The only januarys we had any success was care and young and the one when we signed bent.

I remember when we signed bent what  abuzz around the place then we went and beat city at home. Thats all it takes a signing to change atmosphere at the club. But of course these clowns  wont do that

If even the board said yes to such a 24mil striker, no striker worth that money is even going to look twice at any offer from Villa.  Only way we will get a very good striker is on loan and im really hoping for Remy.

Only thing i did agree with last night is that clubs around us are paying big money on average players.

Edited by HeyAnty
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

If even the board said yes to such a 24mil striker, no striker worth that money is even going to look twice at any offer from Villa.  Only way we will get a very good striker is on loan and im really hoping for Remy.

Only thing i did agree with last night is that clubs around us are paying big money on average players.

No one is suggesting spend large volumes of money but look at our forwards most are poor your telling me we cant find someone that can score more than these lot? Only Ayew looks capable of scoring consistently, There is players out there I think, just that they dont want to spend. The only thing that reassured me was that at least Fox inserted clauses in contracts for relegation so  we can keep the squad together.

if this was done for Amavi, Veretout and Traore I think we have a good opportunity of coming up. As I really believe them three will be key for us in championship

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No one is suggesting spend large volumes of money but look at our forwards most are poor your telling me we cant find someone that can score more than these lot? Only Ayew looks capable of scoring consistently, There is players out there I think, just that they dont want to spend. The only thing that reassured me was that at least Fox inserted clauses in contracts for relegation so  we can keep the squad together.

if this was done for Amavi, Veretout and Traore I think we have a good opportunity of coming up. As I really believe them three will be key for us in championship

I know we need a striker but what i am saying is we wont be signing a bent like one to get the fans all excited.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The only thing that reassured me was that at least Fox inserted clauses in contracts for relegation so  we can keep the squad together.

This revelation is huge, and gives me a lot of hope for the future. Remi would have a squad to build on rather than start from scratch. And Amavi and Traore in the championship - I honestly think we'll storm it.

Sadly although players may have signed contracts with relegation clauses in them if as seems likely we do take the drop I think we can expect their agents to be trying to find them new clubs next summer before their first reduced salary payments hit their bank accounts.

I would also guess that the bean counter and "custodian" would not be too reluctant to get some of the money they regret having spent back where they can. I suspect the team that might begin next season say away at Burton might be almost unrecognisable from the one that ends this season at Arsenal and those left may be the ones that nobody else comes in for. I only hope I am proved to be wrong or even better than that we stay up and do not get to find out what would have happened following a relegation.    

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

How is it the most important window?

It's probably the least important window IMO, season is over and has been for weeks. It's the next window that's the big one for us, there is no point doing anything this window

9 minutes ago, KHV said:

How is it the most important window?

It's probably the least important window IMO, season is over and has been for weeks. It's the next window that's the big one for us, there is no point doing anything this window

I fundamentally disagree.  We have a huge advantage over many many other clubs who will be in the championship next season.  That advantage is we know we will be.  Some fans may still have hope but believe me everyone at the club knows it.

There are some teams fighting to get in there who do not know

There are some teams fighting to stay there that do not know 

There are some teams fighting to get out of it that do not know

There are some teams fighting to avoid it that do not know

We can be sure.  That gives us 8 months and two transfer windows to prepare (see that word we should know what it means).  Prepare a team,  prepare a philosophy to come back up to have a good and competitive season.  See of the list above some teams may not know it yet but I'm damn sure there will be lots of teams who will be competitive that are in that league and will be in that league.  In many respects we need to catch up with that and the next 8 months and two windows gives us that chance

Pity that the club is showing itself not to be prepared and actually not to give a ****.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

This January window is almost as depressing as the one where we signed Simon Dawkins and Yacouba Sylla after being linked with Philippe Coutinho and Moussa Sissoko.

we made the better deals in fairness ;)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Richard said:

I fundamentally disagree.  We have a huge advantage over many many other clubs who will be in the championship next season.  That advantage is we know we will be.  Some fans may still have hope but believe me everyone at the club knows it.

We can be sure.  That gives us 8 months and two transfer windows to prepare (see that word we should know what it means).  Prepare a team,  prepare a philosophy to come back up to have a good and competitive season.  See of the list above some teams may not know it yet but I'm damn sure there will be lots of teams who will be competitive that are in that league and will be in that league.  In many respects we need to catch up with that and the next 8 months and two windows gives us that chance

Pity that the club is showing itself not to be prepared and actually not to give a ****.

I agree with all that. But to be fair, the club last night said it was scouting the championship and preparing itself for relegation by keeping the manager and the young squad together, I think they actually are prepared this time.

14 minutes ago, Richard said:

Their argument will be that both of those things can be done with minimal investment in the playing squad. 

I don't see that 'preparing for the championship' should be a thing.  We need to prepare for next season - if we miraculously stay up we need to kick on from that; if we go down we need a team that will be the best in the championship and on it's way to being better than the bottom few in the premier league.  We should be building a structure, squad and philosophy that is mid table prem quality for the next 3-4 years, then kick on.

Building a championship squad will result in us being a championship club (or at best yo-yo).

• Like 1