Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Just now, PussEKatt said:

Are we actually going to sign someone ? anyone ? or are we going down like a damp squib ?

At this rate Remi himself will get pissed off and resigne.

It is a worry, I think he'll wait until it's a certainty mathematically and then resign and I wouldn't blame him because putting in Hollis as Chairman changes nothing on the playing side other than there'll be limited spending and a lot of people at VP will be put out of work.

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Don't you get bored? Every single post being negative to the nth degree?

I honestly don't remember the last time you posted anything even remotely positive and we've had a couple of positive results lately. I'm worried about you!

The thing is mate the club have to give the fans something to be positive about and they have given us nothing whatsoever

Just now, Demitri_C said:

The thing is mate the club have to give the fans something to be positive about and they have given us nothing whatsoever

Nail on the head!! Last night was a perfect opportunity to instill some optimism but all we got was the old numbers game of how much we have wasted, the reported transfer fees we got weren't accurate. It's like going on a date with The Smith's, you want to slit your wrists before the dessert arrives.

2 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

Have all the threads merged or somethjng because they are all starting to sound alike?  

Any rumours ? Inside info? Made up shit ? Anything ???

No, nothing, that's why the threads are morphing into one, it's the only topic in town!

It might look bleak but in windows past we've had some real nonsense on the final day of the window (dawkins - lights still on at BMH etc) - at least we know where we stand. If we do anything, please let it be to shift gabby and nzog.

9 minutes ago, ClarrieBlue said:

Nail on the head!! Last night was a perfect opportunity to instill some optimism but all we got was the old numbers game of how much we have wasted, the reported transfer fees we got weren't accurate. It's like going on a date with The Smith's, you want to slit your wrists before the dessert arrives.

Instill optimism how?

Lying?

They said the chequebook was open and they're actively looking to sign players.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Instill optimism how?

Lying?

We are now on the 22nd January, no sign of a player, the chequebook must have dust on the first cheque by now. I think we may sign a player by the end of the window, but another game will have gone by.  It will probably be a loan and we'll pay 1 to 2 million for the privilege with our "cheque". With each passing day the quality of the players we are looking at drops, if the cheque book was open on the 1st Jan it should have been used straight away. They had months to prepare it's not like we were pulling up any trees in 2015.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Instill optimism how?

Lying?

Tell the truth and you're damned Say something positive and it's seen as spin! We are actively looking for players but it's not rocket science that being bottom makes it harder to buy players. If we were in touch I think we'd gamble more but now it's a case of gambling our future on survival! Hopefully we have a big week and give the board something more to ponder! We can still do loans and buy potential ie Kalinic so all not lost. 

I'm amazed people are moaning about lack of signings this window.

1st of all we are down so it's not worth paying fortunes on players to try and stay up, it's over

2nd not many players will want to sign a permanent contract as they will have a relegation clause inserted in it and we are nailed on to go down

3rd anybody willing to come to Villa will no doubt wait right until the end of the window in case something better comes up as we are not an attractive proposition at present

• Like 1

I buy (sic) the fact that its difficult to get players to move to us as transfers because of our current plight, but surely loan players wouldnt view it as such a huge obstacle as they would be back to their club at the season end and if they have performed well would be back in the shop window!