Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

50 minutes ago, ClarrieBlue said:

We are now on the 22nd January, no sign of a player, the chequebook must have dust on the first cheque by now. I think we may sign a player by the end of the window, but another game will have gone by.  It will probably be a loan and we'll pay 1 to 2 million for the privilege with our "cheque". With each passing day the quality of the players we are looking at drops, if the cheque book was open on the 1st Jan it should have been used straight away. They had months to prepare it's not like we were pulling up any trees in 2015.

Thats the trouble we are still using a cheque book ,  when was the last time anyone used a cheque for anything.  How far behind are we!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chrissmith921 said:

I'd look at the top players in league 1 - simple reason being - we can offer them 5 months of Premiership football, and they'll be ideal to fire us forward next year when it happens.

That's risky but not a bad shout. Would still mix it with the best players at Championship clubs who don't really stand a chance of going up.

Although I would like to see who Garde can unearth from abroad as there must be some decent players that he is aware of that would be prepared to play in the Championship next season.

Just now, Richard said:

Thats the trouble we are still using a cheque book ,  when was the last time anyone used a cheque for anything.  How far behind are we!

We use cheques so we can say it's in the post and hope they believe us and let us sign the player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

That's risky but not a bad shout. Would still mix it with the best players at Championship clubs who don't really stand a chance of going up.

Although I would like to see who Garde can unearth from abroad as there must be some decent players that he is aware of that would be prepared to play in the Championship next season.

That's my thought.

Gap of League 1 to Championship isn't a lot - so the best players in League 1 would mix it upper end Championship. And to beat out any contenders in the Championship - we offer them PL footie. In a Euro Championships year. So to a Northern Irish/Welsh player - that would be huge - admittedly no one will bust into the England squad like that but say that left back from Wycombe - would jump at the chance to play for us - it would throw him into the Euros and the kid can deliver a ball.

15 minutes ago, chrissmith921 said:

That's my thought.

Gap of League 1 to Championship isn't a lot - so the best players in League 1 would mix it upper end Championship. And to beat out any contenders in the Championship - we offer them PL footie. In a Euro Championships year. So to a Northern Irish/Welsh player - that would be huge - admittedly no one will bust into the England squad like that but say that left back from Wycombe - would jump at the chance to play for us - it would throw him into the Euros and the kid can deliver a ball.

Thought you meant Ligue 1 and agreed....

league one in English terms is not close to championship level, at least not where we should be aiming for. Championship contenders as we've already said are basically able to compete with teams in the premiership.

a top player from league one can't just step in and mix it up in the premiership.

If anything we should be signing players that will benefit the squad now, with a view to topping the championship and comfortably surviving the premiership when we return.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Duck said:

Thought you meant Ligue 1 and agreed....

league one in English terms is not close to championship level, at least not where we should be aiming for. Championship contenders as we've already said are basically able to compete with teams in the premiership.

a top player from league one can't just step in and mix it up in the premiership.

If anything we should be signing players that will benefit the squad now, with a view to topping the championship and comfortably surviving the premiership when we return.

Given where we are - we'll only get players who have no other option in this league now. That's why we've not got anyone - theyre all waiting for a better offer. I wouldn't mind saying we'll be busy on the deadline day as players realise we are their only choice and move on.

I'm meaning if we're wanting a player now instead of 10 days time, which theres no point really as no league games left this month they could play in - we'd be best off looking there - even mid table championship players wouldn't take it - see that Leeds right back as example.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Save you concerns thanks and please at least try and remember not post about other posters.

We've had this conversation before haven't we. My posts reflect my views of what is happening at the club, at the moment I don't see anything positive.

Sorry if you don't like that but you are free to ignore my posts if you wish but you were always happy enough to read them when it's stuff you wanted to hear.

I do not wish to ignore you no. I am not so precious as to do such a thing.

I do not recall having this conversation in the past.

I have agreed with many of your posts in the past as I have many posts generally, I'm not sure of the relevance. It have no expectations regarding "stuff I want to hear" nor do I need affirmation. 

Please feel free to ignore my posts also if you find my challenging of your own as unacceptable to yourself. 

15 minutes ago, Duck said:

It's possible, to be fair (Dele Alli?), but it's more about identifying the right player for the team.  We don't appear to be balanced, and that's what needs addressing - irrespective of division.

3 hours ago, ClarrieBlue said:

The

We are in a perilous position, but win tomorrow it looks a lot different, but if we don't do anything in this window we are not giving ourselves any chance of getting out of the bottom 3.

And what happens if we spend £30m today and don't win tomorrow, or next week?

Lovre Kalinic's appeal for a work permit has been REJECTED, and so his transfer to Aston Villa has fallen through. http://dalmatinskiportal.hr/sport/sok--odbijena-radna-dozvola--propao-transfer-lovre-kalinica/9783

Hajduk officials are said to be "in shock" at the decision as they were set to get a clear 4m euros out of the deal. Big blow.
Edited by dudevillaisnice

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:
Lovre Kalinic's appeal for a work permit has been REJECTED, and so his transfer to Aston Villa has fallen through. http://dalmatinskiportal.hr/sport/sok--odbijena-radna-dozvola--propao-transfer-lovre-kalinica/9783

Hajduk officials are said to be "in shock" at the decision as they were set to get a clear 4m euros out of the deal. Big blow.

How can they reject his work-permit application? Have they seen Guzan play? Kalinic will get plenty of work here.