Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Discuss ...

I realise we have so many big problems to worry about right now, but I can't help but begin to think that January represents a possible ladder out of hell for us. 

We need a striker or number 10, a keeper, and a center back, from what I can see.

Can't really speculate on who we are going to bring in because its likely the new manager will have different targets

As for positions i think we need a new GK a CM that has more to his game than Westwood a RB and a Striker

Of course i expect us to **** around as usual in regards to the managerial situation like we always do so it will be a long window 

Edited by AshVilla

I think it will be a 20mil bid for Austin or Adebayor on crazy wages, or an acceptance from the board of relegation and a complete lack of investment to try and limit the damage.

We'll probably try and make a loan bid for caballero or someone as well.

I can't see why Austin would come here. He'd get an offer from a club not trapped in the relegation zone if he waited until summer. He's hardly going to want to take the substantial risk that he's back in the Championship for another year next year. 

I can't see why Austin would come here. He'd get an offer from a club not trapped in the relegation zone if he waited until summer. He's hardly going to want to take the substantial risk that he's back in the Championship for another year next year. 

i think any potential deal would be claused to hell and he'd be free to leave if we went down. If that was the case, he couldn't really lose, go to villa for 5 months, earn a fortune, leave to another club if we go down, or go to villa for 5 months, score 8-12 and help us finish 16th and standard maybe become a Villa legend.

Yes, that's a possibility. Seems like a very expensive possibility though, struggle to see Lerner signing off on it, but you never know.

As I've said elsewhere, the danger is he decides to cut his losses in January and instructs the football side to blood youth and prepare to cull high earners from the payroll in preparation for life down under.