Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

I see an argument which says whats the rush since the start of the window we have decent enough results not sure any new signings would have made a difference.  However,  they really needed to be in place early on in order to settle into the team etc.  Fox made the point that the club was crap in settling foreign players I hope they have learned or improved in 4 months.

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

They have their own place on the scale - it's way past bullshit.

Or am I thinking of a different board?

MOMS isn't really a board, so yes, I think you're thinking of the wrong place - probably you're thinking of TBAR. 

6 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:
Lovre Kalinic's appeal for a work permit has been REJECTED, and so his transfer to Aston Villa has fallen through. http://dalmatinskiportal.hr/sport/sok--odbijena-radna-dozvola--propao-transfer-lovre-kalinica/9783

Hajduk officials are said to be "in shock" at the decision as they were set to get a clear 4m euros out of the deal. Big blow.

WTAF!!! 

4 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:
Lovre Kalinic's appeal for a work permit has been REJECTED, and so his transfer to Aston Villa has fallen through. http://dalmatinskiportal.hr/sport/sok--odbijena-radna-dozvola--propao-transfer-lovre-kalinica/9783

Hajduk officials are said to be "in shock" at the decision as they were set to get a clear 4m euros out of the deal. Big blow.

Oh dear and not much time to either resolve this or move for plan B.  I do hope they have a plan B

Read earlier that this was expected because of his number of games for Croatia - BUT that it would then be appealed and could go ahead still based on the fact he is a keeper so may never get picked that often at national level being only 1 keeper needed.

Just now, Jareth said:

Read earlier that this was expected because of his number of games for Croatia - BUT that it would then be appealed and could go ahead still based on the fact he is a keeper so may never get picked that often at national level being only 1 keeper needed.

So has our initial application been rejected or has the appeal been rejected?

My knowledge of this is based entirely on FM.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

Looks like the appeal has been rejected though

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I've never understood the tightness of work permit rules. I mean, most players who sign for Premier League clubs are going to be well in the top wage bracket and thus be contributing a lot in taxes.

This isn't relevant because the alternative to employing a player who requires a work permit isn't employing somebody on the minimum wage. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

This isn't relevant because the alternative to employing a player who requires a work permit isn't employing somebody on the minimum wage. 

Well you say that but I wouldn't be surprised if Fox and Hollis disagree with you on that one.

• Like 1