Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

Just now, rubberman said:

I don't see that 'preparing for the championship' should be a thing.  We need to prepare for next season - if we miraculously stay up we need to kick on from that; if we go down we need a team that will be the best in the championship and on it's way to being better than the bottom few in the premier league.  We should be building a structure, squad and philosophy that is mid table prem quality for the next 3-4 years, then kick on.

Building a championship squad will result in us being a championship club (or at best yo-yo).

So, do what then? Spend £30m on players and put them on £60k a week? 

52 minutes ago, Richard said:

There are some teams fighting to get in there who do not know

There are some teams fighting to stay there that do not know 

There are some teams fighting to get out of it that do not know

There are some teams fighting to avoid it that do not know

But what about the teams that know that they do not know and by knowing, know that they know what we know? There are many knowns and unknowns, and knowing the knowns and not knowing the unknowns is part of our problem. As we all know

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Richard said:

Pity that the club is showing itself not to be prepared and actually not to give a ****.

That is clearly absolute bollocks. You may not agree with how they are trying to achieve that, but that's besides the point. 

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Transfer window day 22 - Sponsored by "Why the f@&£ do we even bother hoping we will improve"

Don't you get bored? Every single post being negative to the nth degree?

I honestly don't remember the last time you posted anything even remotely positive and we've had a couple of positive results lately. I'm worried about you!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

4 of the teams around us are doing just that, 2 will succeed and stay up 2 will fail and go down. The 2 that stay up will say it was the right philosophy the 2 that go down will say at least we tried. The Villa? We'll never no will we. We just haven't tried, rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Hollis has come in to look after the P & L, the PL can do one as far as he's concerned. As long as costs are cut and Randy's outlay is minimized he'll have done his job. We may as well have Venture Capitalists running the club, because we have no one with any football experience.

Just now, ClarrieBlue said:

4 of the teams around us are doing just that, 2 will succeed and stay up 2 will fail and go down. The 2 that stay up will say it was the right philosophy the 2 that go down will say at least we tried. The Villa? We'll never no will we. We just haven't tried, rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

Hollis has come in to look after the P & L, the PL can do one as far as he's concerned. As long as costs are cut and Randy's outlay is minimized he'll have done his job. We may as well have Venture Capitalists running the club, because we have no one with any football experience.

None of those teams are 10 points from safety. 

Most fans seem to think we are doomed anyway, so surely we should be cutting our losses? 

To my knowledge spending that kind of money in January has never worked, to do so in our position would be incompetent and **** wreckless. We're in this position because of mismanagement like that. 

However I too am annoyed we have not made shorter term, "cheaper" additions to the squad already. They say they are working hard, I believe they need to work harder. 

3 minutes ago, ClarrieBlue said:

Most fans seem to think we are doomed anyway, so surely we should be cutting our losses? 

To my knowledge spending that kind of money in January has never worked, to do so in our position would be incompetent and **** wreckless. We're in this position because of mismanagement like that. 

However I too am annoyed we have not made shorter term, "cheaper" additions to the squad already. They say they are working hard, I believe they need to work harder. 

2 minutes ago, ClarrieBlue said:

There are countless footballers who have debt problems etc so I'm not sure it'd be such a great idea to put one on the board. I agree with fox to a degree because like it or not, football is more to do with business and marketing now than actual football. It's an entertainment industry after all, many of our heroes of old would feel out of place in that environment.

We could easily spend loads this month, get relegated and end up in a poo puddle of debt. I don't want the club laboured with a tonne of financial difficulties.

With that I mind of rather have a money man in charge in afraid

• Like 1

The

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We are in a perilous position, but win tomorrow it looks a lot different, but if we don't do anything in this window we are not giving ourselves any chance of getting out of the bottom 3.

Just now, ClarrieBlue said:

The

We are in a perilous position, but win tomorrow it looks a lot different, but if we don't do anything in this window we are not giving ourselves any chance of getting out of the bottom 3.

We haven't won tomorrow. Maybe that will make a difference, I can't say for sure. But as things stand, nobody substantial will want to come here regardless. 

18 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not necessarily, but with our size (both ££ and history) we can still pay more than most european clubs, even in the championship.  Yes - harder to find the right players with the right motivation and to persuade them to come to Villa.  I just don't want the club to start thinking of being a championship club - we're not one, even if we happen to be in the championship next year.

2 minutes ago, Duck said:

There are countless footballers who have debt problems etc so I'm not sure it'd be such a great idea to put one on the board. I agree with fox to a degree because like it or not, football is more to do with business and marketing now than actual football. It's an entertainment industry after all, many of our heroes of old would feel out of place in that environment.

We could easily spend loads this month, get relegated and end up in a poo puddle of debt. I don't want the club laboured with a tonne of financial difficulties.

With that I mind of rather have a money man in charge in afraid

My problem with Hollis is it is obvious every time he speaks about the game he is totally clueless. I didn't specifically mean footballer's on the board but people who have been in the game in some capacity, Graham Taylor, Ian Taylor, Brian Little, to name a few ex Villans. We need someone involved who will protect the playing side of things. Hollis said if Remi wants a player and if he is a good fit then we'll try. Who makes that decision? Hollis certainly isn't qualified to.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Don't you get bored? Every single post being negative to the nth degree?

I honestly don't remember the last time you posted anything even remotely positive and we've had a couple of positive results lately. I'm worried about you!

Save you concerns thanks and please at least try and remember not post about other posters.

We've had this conversation before haven't we. My posts reflect my views of what is happening at the club, at the moment I don't see anything positive.

Sorry if you don't like that but you are free to ignore my posts if you wish but you were always happy enough to read them when it's stuff you wanted to hear.

• Like 2