Rudy Gestede

midian

He should have just thrown it in the City net, then there would have been egg on Joe Hart's face for costing city a goal!

That would be a GK.

It happened with Enckleman but his reaction probably made the ref think he touched it.

• Like 1

We wouldn't have liked it if it happened to us, though.  I can see both sides tbh.

I can see both sides too,  but we need to be careful to see what it was that Gestede actually did before we decide on a stance.  He wanted a goalkick.  That's all.  Hart didn't.  Hart **** it up.  Gestede threw it away from Hart.  Hart had enough time to jump in the way (and balls up the first touch).  Similarly, if Gestede WAS trying to throw it at Hart to engineer a corner then Hart would have had time to jump out of the way (given he had time to jump in the way).

Basically it all looked much worse on initial view and even while they were taking the corner it didn't sit well with me because I had picked it up wrong.  I had initially thought the worst.  But on replay I got what he'd done and was much more comfortable with it.

Well, in my experience from when a player goes down injured, the ball is thrown back to the opposing team in play.  Gestede throwing it for a goal kick is a slightly dick-move - not because he's trying to win a corner (he isn't) but because it's essentially slowing Man City down at the end of a game during a period of play when they're on top... against the bottom side in the league.  If the shoe was on the other foot, we'd feel it was a pretty shitty thing to do.

Nothing major, by all means, but it's slightly poor form IMO.  Of course, I'm perfectly happy with it all as it wasted enough time for us in the end :D

It does happen against is a lot though...teams rather than giving the ball back to Guzan, kick it out near the corner flag for a throw meaning we have to build all the way up the pitch (and we all know how bad we've been at throws anyway).

TRO, my sentiments exactly! 

For far too long we have been walked over and lacked fight. It's about time someone ruffled a few feathers and what Rudy did was fine by me. It lifted the crowd and a moment like that can galvanise a team and unite them with the crowd in a way that can change games. 

Well done Rudy! 

• Like 3

actually, IMO the best action for Gestede  would have been to stand on one leg like a stork and throw it.  City gets a throw in deep in their own end.  Seen it done several times and it seems very intelligent to me.  You're giving them possession, but not a great advantage

Â