Rudy Gestede

midian

Shocking behaviour with that throwing the ball back, we might be desperate but let's try and have some class.

They should have a 'dislike' button on this site for comments like this. What a load of shite!

Oh no, don't do that, it would hurt my feelings so much.

When I saw it first I thought he had launched it intentionally at Hart. But in the replay from behind you can clearly see that he launches it yards to Hart's left trying to put it over the goal line for a goal kick. Hart adjusts to intercept it for the quick kick upfield and makes a horlicks of it. Rudy could have been more sporting about it all but he didn't throw it at Hart.

Sick and tired of being the nice guys and losing , Hart was moaning all game and nearly got what he deserved by being a clever arse . 

I was a bit disappointed with Rudy's work rate , he didn't close down or but pressure on their center backs who were running into out half unopposed late in the game, fitness issues?

• Like 1

He's not mobile enough to play as a lone striker, any chance of hitting City on the break died when he came on as he just didn't have the pace to trouble them. Would like to see him partner Ayew at some point as they could compliment each other.

When I saw it first I thought he had launched it intentionally at Hart. But in the replay from behind you can clearly see that he launches it yards to Hart's left trying to put it over the goal line for a goal kick. Hart adjusts to intercept it for the quick kick upfield and makes a horlicks of it. Rudy could have been more sporting about it all but he didn't throw it at Hart.

Agreed but then City weren't sporting about a similar situation earlier in the half, they threw the ball behind our player but wide of the area so Guzan couldn't get it. It works both ways.

• Like 1

Isn't the point that people have made (about the throw in) that it was not about 'not being the nice guy'. Gestede pointed to Hart where to go and looked as though he intended to throw it out for a goal kick. Hart's decision not to have any of that was his choice to make and thereafter his control (of the ball) to demonstrate.

If Gestede had purposely hurled the ball at Hart in an attempt to get a corner from the returning of the ball to the opposition then I would think it was appalling and unbecoming wherever we were in the league - as others have said though, I don't believe he was doing that.

Edited by snowychap
V. Poor English (too many 'is'es).
  • Like 1

A mate of mine said Gestede was in the wrong because he should have given Hart the ball back in the position he was in when he originally kicked it out (ie: ball at his feet, outside his area). But it's all bullshit, in my opinion.

How often is a team on the attack when the ball needs to be kicked out for an injury? Very often.

How often are the team given the ball back in a similarly dangerous, attacking position? Never.

Gestede gave the ball back. End of. It's not his responsibility to give Hart the ball in a position that he could immediately put Man City on the attack.

• Like 3

A mate of mine said Gestede was in the wrong because he should have given Hart the ball back in the position he was in when he originally kicked it out (ie: ball at his feet, outside his area). But it's all bullshit, in my opinion.

How often is a team on the attack when the ball needs to be kicked out for an injury? Very often.

How often are the team given the ball back in a similarly dangerous, attacking position? Never.

Gestede gave the ball back. End of. It's not his responsibility to give Hart the ball in a position that he could immediately put Man City on the attack.

WE would have effectively been down to 9 men with Gestede so far up.

Nice  to see our players demonstrate some intelligence.

• Like 1

If Gestede had purposely hurled the ball at Hart in an attempt to get a corner from the returning of the ball to the opposition then I would think it was appalling and unbecoming wherever we were in the league 

Why? This is competition, we're at the bottom of the table and we need to gain every single possible advantage that we can get. We need to be a lot more nasty and opportunistic, we've been soft touches this season.

• Like 2

Sick and tired of being the nice guys and losing , Hart was moaning all game and nearly got what he deserved by being a clever arse . 

I was a bit disappointed with Rudy's work rate , he didn't close down or but pressure on their center backs who were running into out half unopposed late in the game, fitness issues?

Fitness issues? You do know he came on in the 84th minute right? Or do you mean he was carrying a knock? Can't be suggesting he's knackered after running for 2 mins surely! 

If Gestede had purposely hurled the ball at Hart in an attempt to get a corner from the returning of the ball to the opposition then I would think it was appalling and unbecoming wherever we were in the league 

Why? This is competition, we're at the bottom of the table and we need to gain every single possible advantage that we can get. We need to be a lot more nasty and opportunistic, we've been soft touches this season.

Because it's sport. It may be competitive sport but I'd like it to be played in a sporting way and I want to support a team that plays in such a manner.*

I think it's a mistake to posit that only the nasty and opportunistic succeed in competitive sport (or competition in any other arena) which is surely the premise on which your comment is built?

We haven't failed this season because we've been soft touches, we've failed this season because we've been shit and were managed, up until recently, by a muppet.

*Playing in a sporting manner does not mean rolling over before those things get conflated.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 3

Pretty simple really. He wasn't being unsporting at all. He tried to tell Hart he wanted to put it out for a G kick. Hart tried to be clever and cocked it up. End of. No need for a discussion about unsporting conduct at all! 

I hope that's not in reference to my posts(s).

Pretty simple really. He wasn't being unsporting at all. He tried to tell Hart he wanted to put it out for a G kick. Hart tried to be clever and cocked it up. End of. No need for a discussion about unsporting conduct at all! 

I hope that's not in reference to my posts(s).

Not at all sir. You yourself said that you didn't think he was trying to gain a corner. Hart is a top GK .If he can get in the way of a shot hit at 50/60 mph I'm sure he can get out of the way of a throw in that wasn't directly thrown at him!

• Like 1

Â