Rudy Gestede

midian

Shocking behaviour with that throwing the ball back, we might be desperate but let's try and have some class.

You don't win games being the nice team, see Chelsea last year.  You have to have a bit of that in the side, although as people have said, Hart wanted the ball at his feet to hoof it up, nothing wrong with what Gestede did.

Nice is not the same as sporting.

When your botton of the league, a little bit of sporting can go a miss. We need to fight and use a bit of nous. 10 out of 10 to Gestede from me, could have quite easily ended up in a goal, then surely it would have been a genius move.

I rate his ability, but Hart's a big headed clearing in the woods anyway, needs bringing back to earth now and again

Shocking behaviour with that throwing the ball back, we might be desperate but let's try and have some class. 

You know we're bottom of the league right?

Yes, I did say that we were desperate, that doesn't mean you have to abandon all semblance of gentlemanly conduct.

Pft.

Say we won the game from that and stay up by a point, would you want to give it back?

• Like 2

No way, Hart wanted the ball passed to his feet so he could distribute it to his defence, but that would leave Gestede miles out of position. Gestede was saying take a goal kick, if Hart wanted to try to stop that happening it's his problem.

• Like 1

I've got the image of a few people in this thread sat in an arm chair with a monocle, a glass of brandy and a pipe.

100% Joe Hart's fault and even if it wasn't who gives a shit.

Sportsmanship is just so nineteenth century.

I've got the image of a few people in this thread sat in an arm chair with a monocle, a glass of brandy and a pipe.

100% Joe Hart's fault and even if it wasn't who gives a shit.

Tea instead of brandy.

I'm not too fussed either. Citeh should get the ball back in the same 'form' as when they put the ball out...IMO.

How many times have teams "given us possession back" as a throw in right in the corner? We've been too nice to play against for too long. Fair play to rudy for doing it.

It was even more uncontroversial than that. It's very commonly a put out for a goal kick. Gestede's only offence was to not allow himself to get mugged off by a world class dickhead. 

• Like 1

How many times have teams "given us possession back" as a throw in right in the corner? We've been too nice to play against for too long. Fair play to rudy for doing it.

It was even more uncontroversial than that. It's very commonly a put out for a goal kick. Gestede's only offence was to not allow himself to get mugged off by a world class dickhead. 

I agree, but he knew what he was doing and did launch it at Hart. It is still Hart's error as he could've just moved out the way. 

I agree, but he knew what he was doing and did launch it at Hart. It is still Hart's error as he could've just moved out the way. 

Sure. Launching it was the not getting mugged off part. He took control and refused to get rolled over. 

Diego Costa vs us a couple of weeks back, didn't make MOTD or the papers, something tells me this will be different

Harts **** up IMO rudy did little wrong, did cross my mind Richards was going to do something daft and overly sporting though

Â