Rudy Gestede

midian

There's no point playing him unless the team's style is solely built around feeding him and working to his strengths, trying to shoehorn him in in a system that he clearly can't play isn't working for him or the team.

Agree about him being a Plan B, Ayew has to start up top.

• Like 1

had the ball placed right onto his head 6 yards out (you know, playing to his strength) and he didnt even get it on target

he also managed to slip over when a Cech heavy touch presented it to him unmarked 8 yards out

• Like 3

He's exceedingly strong in the air, missing a header today doesn't change that. The point I'm making is that with two wide players like Sinclair and Ayew who both like to cut inside and run with the ball the impact of Gestede is straight away minimised as he'll thrive through wingers driving to the by-line and whipping in crosses and the only player who really does that for us regularly is Hutton.

I'm not saying he's a good player, hence why I said I'd like him as a Plan B, so I don't see the relevance of you bringing up his other miss in relation to what i've said, if anything it strengthens the point I'm making that he's limited and to get any kind of effectiveness from him the team needs to be built around so. Which again I'm not advocating. 

• Like 1

I'd like to find out who scouted this bloke and thought he could add anything.  With the other players I can see some progress and developing into something half decent as they settle, but Rudy is as limited a footballer as I've seen and come from English football.  And for £6m.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'd like to find out who scouted this bloke and thought he could add anything.  With the other players I can see some progress and developing into something half decent as they settle, but Rudy is as limited a footballer as I've seen and come from English football.  And for £6m.

He's added our only league win of the season, so he's done something. :D

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

It's not his fault that we don't play to his strengths, but he just doesn't work well in our lineup.

Or any other Pl lineup because he isn't anywhere  near good enough at this level

Edited by Arj Guy
  • Like 1

Â