Rudy Gestede

midian

Should of made it 2-2 but unfortunately he's donkey, that was as good a chance as you get at the top level and his finish was pathetic.

He's a handful, and if we set up more than just the one single chance for him he will score. I think you're being too harsh. Plus he's about the only show in town at the moment, so we pretty much have to at least give him a FEW more chances before we write him off.

I've seen enough tbh, I'm fine with him being an option from the bench but I want a more rounded striker to be leading the line for us, one that runs the channels, can take on a player, takes up good positions in the opposition box and is clinical.   Maybe Ayew is that player and we at least need to give Kozak a go. 

Agreed about giving Kozak a go, but if Ayew is up front, I'd like to see him tried out alongside Gestede instead of instead of Gestede (he he) so we've got a variety of threats on goal.

I think he can work as part of a two up top. Way to limited to play up front on his own. Needs others to create space for him.

I think Ayew looks ideally suited to partner him because he naturally drops deep, pulls wide and goes beyond the front man.

• Like 3

I actually really rate Gestede, he gets some seriously unfair criticism on here. He holds up the ball well and has clearly been working on his ability to lay the ball of. Also hes our most likely chance of scoring even if he has a bad game. Hope Garde can see him as a starter and hopefully get some players around him who have the ability to cross the ball.

I actually really rate Gestede, he gets some seriously unfair criticism on here. He holds up the ball well and has clearly been working on his ability to lay the ball of. Also hes our most likely chance of scoring even if he has a bad game. Hope Garde can see him as a starter and hopefully get some players around him who have the ability to cross the ball.

He's not scored with his feet yet has he? Whilst we have not played to his strengths, we don't have the players to play to his strengths do we? We don't have any actual wingers unless you count Adama and lord knows what is going on there.

Missed two excellent chances AGAIN last night to level it up. We desperately need a reliable centre forward. I'd much rather give Kozak a chance or play Ayew central than continue as we are because it clearly isn't working.

• Like 1

Shocking behaviour with that throwing the ball back, we might be desperate but let's try and have some class.

Come on, Gestede was clearly trying to throw it out for a goal kick, he point's to the goal several times to indicate that, it's not his fault Hart tried to control it and **** up

So why does he charge after the ball the instant he has thrown it?

Shocking behaviour with that throwing the ball back, we might be desperate but let's try and have some class.

You don't win games being the nice team, see Chelsea last year.  You have to have a bit of that in the side, although as people have said, Hart wanted the ball at his feet to hoof it up, nothing wrong with what Gestede did.

• Like 2

You don't win games being the nice team, see Chelsea last year.  You have to have a bit of that in the side, although as people have said, Hart wanted the ball at his feet to hoof it up, nothing wrong with what Gestede did.

Nice is not the same as sporting.

Come on, Gestede was clearly trying to throw it out for a goal kick, he point's to the goal several times to indicate that, it's not his fault Hart tried to control it and **** up

So why does he charge after the ball the instant he has thrown it?

He doesn't though. He waits a second, then when Hart moves towards the ball he does too, to presumably stop Hart from clearing it.

You know we're bottom of the league right?

Yes, I did say that we were desperate, that doesn't mean you have to abandon all semblance of gentlemanly conduct.

Â