Rudy Gestede

midian

I'd have been happy to see us just kick the corner out for a goalkick.

That would have given them the ball back from a goalkick and still left us seeming sporting.

I've no problem with what Gestede did from the throw in though

All of you who can see both sides need to turn in your VT pass right now.  That kind of reasonable and balanced thinking is not allowed.

I think you're right. What Rudy should have done is throw the ball to where Hart should have been. One-nil Villa :)

All of you who can see both sides need to turn in your VT pass right now.  That kind of reasonable and balanced thinking is not allowed.

I think you're right. What Rudy should have done is throw the ball to where Hart should have been. One-nil Villa :)

You can't score direct from a throw-in.  If you throw the ball directly into the goal without anyone touching it then it's a goalkick, because you've essentially just thrown it over the by-line, regardless of where the goal-posts are.

Similarly, it would be a corner kick if you did it at the other end and your own keeper was asleep.  Which is why I maintain to this day that the only reason Enckelman "conceded" is not because he touched the ball (because he didn't) but because he didn't know that particular rule and his reaction to what he thought was a fook up hung him and made the ref's mind up.

• Like 1

You can't score direct from a throw-in.  If you throw the ball directly into the goal without anyone touching it then it's a goalkick, because you've essentially just thrown it over the by-line, regardless of where the goal-posts are.

Shame a previous keeper of ours didn't realise that :(

I think with two minutes to go and virtually the entire City team in the Villa half then dynamics change.  Hart was trying to gain an advantage from the situation and he threw his toys out of the pram when Rudy wouldn't give him that advantage.  

Maybe so.  Hart had the ball at his feet about to launch it at us before he kicked the ball out of play, though.  The advantage should be with Man City in that situation.  The ball going for a goal kick just slows the game down more.

Not a major deal, as I say, just not the greatest show of sportsmanship ever.

The difference is that with Gestede out wide having to take the throw it it leaves him miles out of position and reduces us to the same lump up the pitch minus one player. It made no difference to City whether that ball was lumped from the corner or the 6 yard box, except the positioning of one of our best headers of the ball. 

I'd have been happy to see us just kick the corner out for a goalkick.

That would have given them the ball back from a goalkick and still left us seeming sporting.

I've no problem with what Gestede did from the throw in though

I don't agree. By that point Hart had made the decision to be a prick, we simply followed suit. I would imagine the way they came over in force to remonstrate afterwards made Richards mind up too.

Â