Rudy Gestede

midian

considering the fact that our crossing is dire and his only ability as a footballer seems to be not using his feet, I don't see why we insist on starting with this guy on top. out of his element as pointed out by quite a few of you on here.

• Like 1

Just not good enough at this level. Although defensively appalling I cant remember a side that has so little threat going forward. We only have to concede one and the game is effectively over. Although not soley responsible I think he has had long enough for us to realise he will make little impact.  Purchasing an attacking focal point is priority number , for premier or championship.

He is a Championship level striker trying to play in the Premier League and it shows. He will fit right in next season.

I actually thought he had one of his better games today but the one decent chance he had he completely fluffed. Worrying though as soon as he went off and Ayew went up top and became the focal point, Ayew went from being involved in the game to having no impact, and as a team we suffered.

This lad is quite possibly our best option down the middle which says it all about how poor we are.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not only is he generally garbage but he's one of the laziest players I've ever seen in our shirt.

I was thinking that watching the game today but then  I decided actually he is so slow and awkward in style it makes him look lazy 

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Not only is he generally garbage but he's one of the laziest players I've ever seen in our shirt.

I am screaming at him sometimes to close the opposition back line down but I am actually starting to think that as a team we are told not to. We simply don't press sides and seem happy to let them have the ball until they get in to our half. It sets the wrong tempo for the game for me though especially at home.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Why on earth did he come off just as we started to put crosses in! Definitely isn't good enough but then the rest of our team isn't either. 

He needs better players around him and crosses so he can use his only real attribute. At least when we go down he should bang in some important goals....shrewd move from the club.

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I am screaming at him sometimes to close the opposition back line down but I am actually starting to think that as a team we are told not to. We simply don't press sides and seem happy to let them have the ball until they get in to our half. It sets the wrong tempo for the game for me though especially at home.

Has been the case under many managers. Think players hide behind the manager too much.

• Like 1

Except when Ayew moved centrally he did press?

2 hours ago, andym said:

I saw Ayew press, and Veretout was also pressing high first half. But effective pressing relies on everybody playing their part, and Gestede appeared to just amble around.

I've been banging this drum too. We need to start defending as a team. Not just let the back four deal with it once the opposition have strolled into the final third.

It's why signing somebody like Naismith would be a good shout. Not spectacular or fashionable, but works very hard from the front (and knows where the net is too!)

Â