Rudy Gestede

midian

Disagree, the worst thing about him is his lack of presence, he can win some headers occasionally and no doubt he can defend set pieces but for the majority it's like playing without a striker, I think Kozak can probably do it but I'd be very surprised if sellers or RHM have the skill, knowledge whatever to press a PL defence as a lone striker, takes some doing

With how we are set up we need someone with a high work rate and lots of movement, gestede definitely doesn't offer either of those

The only good thing about Gestede is that he is a proven goalscorer in the Championship and can score us the goals to at least stabilise us next season. I doubt he will score enough to take us back up but he could get 20 goals and that will be vital. As for the Premier League, well it's signings like Gestede that are the reason we are getting relegated.  A donkey at this level. And to think he is the replacement for Benteke! Sigh...

Edited by One For The Road

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

It's flabbergasting that Garde thinks he's better than Kozak.  

Yeah me too.

Hopefully this was the last time he started for us.

Although it would be epic to watch him and Mertesacker "sprinting" against one another next week...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

The only good thing about Gestede is that he is a proven goalscorer in the Championship and can score us the goals to at least stabilise us next season. I doubt he will score enough to take us back up but he could get 20 goals and that will be vital. As for the Premier League, well it's signings like Gestede that are the reason we are getting relegated.  A donkey at this level. And to think he is the replacement for Benteke! Sigh...

The thing is he isn't even that. A championship one season wonder 

I have given Gestede a lot of time, but he really does not look like Premier League standard. He is slow and for his size does not have the effect he should. He wins headers and holds up the ball sometimes, but not enough times to make him effective.

He is not good enough, but is still better than Kozak.

As a target player to hit him with anything above the waist he is good, Look for him to use his feet and he is crap, Hopefully he will get better but for now, high balls with others running around trying to pick up the flicks and whatever else happens

Probably one of poorest target men we have ever signed. We have to keep though as he is great in championship and will be vital to helping us back up.

if we do come up at first attempt I would then sell him as clearly he isn't good enough at this level. I'm sure we could get 6m back for him from a host of championship clubs

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Probably one of poorest target men we have ever signed. We have to keep though as he is great in championship and will be vital to helping us back up.

if we do come up at first attempt I would then sell him as clearly he isn't good enough at this level. I'm sure we could get 6m back for him from a host of championship clubs

He would be, as we don't target him!

Actually got a couple of clicks on yesterday, first time I've seen him manage it when any sort of regularity. That said playing the ball to his feet is akin to giving the ball away and he's a waste of a body up top.

I think if it was anyone else but him alongside Ayew when he was nearly through he'd have made the pass.

Â