Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

He's had some good assists this season. I think he's clearly talented, but took a long time to settle last autumn, and like everyone else he has regressed since the Liverpool game. 

He's more talented than any likely replacement we'll be getting as a Championship club, so I wouldn't sell unless for a very good price personally.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, poitier said:

Most of his assists have been corners though, including an awful corner against Southampton was it? Not much from open play.

... except for 2 of our last 4 goals: The through ball for Gabby's goal in our win against Norwich and the cross for Gestede's consolation vs Everton.

He has some ability but  I think the trouble is he currently lacks the stamina and physical side required for the Prem ... A season in The chumpionship would be good for him as I think it's probably closer to the level he played at previously and he will look one of its better players ability wise

Good player, but heart hasn't been in it this season, first because Tim deffed him off, second because by the time Remi got some performances from the squad, relegation was a certainty. I imagine his lack of learning English is purely because he sees himself going back to France sooner rather than later. Still think he will be an excellent player.

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

I didn't realise that there was - he's a decent enough player, just not got good attacking outlets for him to link up with. 

Yeah - this.  If he had gone to Leicester and was feeding Vardy he would look a completely different player.  We need mobile strikers.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Perhaps because he has been shit for us?

Yep.  This.   The kid has been dire.  For £10m or whatever it was, we need a little bit more of about 20minutes of good play from him over the course of the season.   Fitness is way off, at 22 years of age, zero stamina and FWIW he seems like hes got a right miserable face.............. i can understand Tim deffing him, looks a right word removed

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I think most of our players would tbh.

If 'most' of our players were able to do better elsewhere then we'd be good enough ourselves.

I'd say it's a select few, possibly including Veretout.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Symptomatic of the mess we've been in.  Signed without speaking the language with a pregnant wife living in a hotel, a manager and assistant who had little intention of helping him settle into English football, then a manager who tried to get the best out of him with a tiny bit of success, who they then didn't back and then sacked, then the caretaker has binned him again.  Shit all round really.

• Like 3

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Symptomatic of the mess we've been in.  Signed without speaking the language with a pregnant wife living in a hotel,

What the **** happened to that woman whose job it was to help foreign players settle in and get themselves sorted out?

Â