Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They reckon Bournmouth will take him on loan. Now that would be a utter shit deal for us. If we are going to loan him and get no money lets keep him and try stay up.  a loan would be absolutely pointless

Alternatively we send him out to get Prem League experience he does well and we take him back when we are promoted or we sell him on for a nice fee.  

I would much rather sell him, even at a loss, if that money could be reinvested for the here than now, than lose him for a paltry loan fee with a highly uncertain future pay off for us. 

Just get rid, he has been a calamitous waste of resources.

33 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I would much rather sell him, even at a loss, if that money could be reinvested for the here than now, than lose him for a paltry loan fee with a highly uncertain future pay off for us. 

Just get rid, he has been a calamitous waste of resources.

He's still got a lot to offer (whether that's here, who knows) so I'd keep him.  Would certainly be looking to shift a lot of other players first! 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

They reckon Bournmouth will take him on loan. Now that would be a utter shit deal for us. If we are going to loan him and get no money lets keep him and try stay up.  a loan would be absolutely pointless

We get to keep him for another season and potentially use him if we get promoted back to the premier league, or we can sell him for better profit if he does well. 

24 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He's still got a lot to offer (whether that's here, who knows) so I'd keep him.  Would certainly be looking to shift a lot of other players first! 

If we can keep him in the Championship then fair enough, but if we 'have' to loan him out then no chance.

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

We get absolutely nothing from loaning him to Bournemouth. I doubt he's even on high wages after the relegation reduction. 

If he plays well with Bournemouth it can only benefit us if we get back to the Premier League. Gary Gardner can replace him in the championship. 

2 hours ago, KSV said:

If he plays well with Bournemouth it can only benefit us if we get back to the Premier League. Gary Gardner can replace him in the championship. 

This is putting the cart before the horse. You say 'if we get back to the Premier League', but that isn't something we will achieve by loaning out all of our better players. We certainly aren't likely to be replacing him with anyone better. Gardner, in particular, doesn't even play in the same position. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, KSV said:

... and if he doesn't he will had no value. Better off taking the certainty of a transfer fee this coming window rather than roll the dice. OR we simply keep him and make him play. 

I'd definitely like to keep the likes of Veretout, a year at a lower standard and hopefully getting promoted and going up with some momentum would allow them to have a better bash at Prem football second time round.  Depends on three things though, a change of owner, decent manager and the French players actually wanting to stick around after the farce of Black and Sherwood especially.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think having Veretout, Westwood, Gardner and another CM destroyer will be good options for us next season. Gana wants to leave so bye to him, and ged rid of Sanchez

Don't forget Petrov. ;)

I say Keep him and let him along with others start to build a team spirit.  

I dont feel that the French influx last summer is to blame at all for this season.  Sherwood failed last summer to bring the squad together and play as a team.

Leicester were greater than their sum of parts we were much less

• Like 1

Â