Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

37 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

I'll tell you what I've seen in this lad.

A committed, very talented player who very rarely gives the ball away, unless he's trying to play in our useless attackers. 

He is skillful with the ball at feet and can get out of tight situations. 

With the exception of Ayew and Gil, he probably has the best control of the ball at feet, probably on the same page as Grealish. He also knows when to drop off to break up play, and when to do a professional 'foul'. 

IF he stays, I can see him being a big player for us. I'd like to see him start with Gardner actually. 

Im seeing almost the opposite of everything you say. 

Came with a big reputation - but thats about it.

He will be on the first plane back to france IMO.

• Like 1

To me he looks like someone we signed from Chesterfield for £300k - The big fee and big reputation are what I think people are seeing. Because he has shown close to zero on the pitch..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I dont agree with this at all. lets says veretout played for them he might have been ahead of kante in the team and they could have dropped various points because of that and not won the league. We could have signed someone else and he might have been difference for us staying up or going down. No-one knows its not as simple as that. 

Indeed.  It's like saying if I'd signed for Leicester then I'd have a title medal right now.   Veretout may well have got into that Leicester team, he may well have had a decent season with them too but the fact of the matter is that the guy who was wearing 'his' shirt at Leicester this season, N'Golo Kante, was one of the key reasons Leicester have won the league and he'd probably still be in France had Veretout not decided to sign for us. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, hippo said:

To me he looks like someone we signed from Chesterfield for £300k - The big fee and big reputation are what I think people are seeing. Because he has shown close to zero on the pitch..

I will admit that that is part of what convinces me that he has talent. 

I think that we need to bide our time here with JV. Veretout has not shone as brightly as we all would have hoped, but he is not the only one in this rotten season. Also let's not forget that sometimes players coming in to a new team can take a while to settle especially a new team that is in a foreign country. If I remember correctly, he also became a father for the first time shortly after joining us which will have made things even tougher for the lad. He didn't have the best start either with Tim blanking him at the start of the season which could only have added to his difficulties settling. He has shown small flashes of being a good player under Remi, and we should perhaps persevere with him a little longer if he is willing to stay to see if that can be built on.

If he is no better next season, then by all means we should look to move him on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

He hasnt started a game since when? been a while hasnt it?

Last started against Swansea on 19th March and came off after the hour.

i think it's hard to judge a young player coming in from a foreign league on just their first season

especially seeing as how poor the squad is

that doesn't mean he's not a bad/very average player, he still could be, just means he deserves a bit longer to prove his worth

3 hours ago, Jay.P.A said:

I'll tell you what I've seen in this lad.

A committed, very talented player who very rarely gives the ball away, unless he's trying to play in our useless attackers. 

He is skillful with the ball at feet and can get out of tight situations. 

With the exception of Ayew and Gil, he probably has the best control of the ball at feet, probably on the same page as Grealish. He also knows when to drop off to break up play, and when to do a professional 'foul'. 

IF he stays, I can see him being a big player for us. I'd like to see him start with Gardner actually. 

I think you have Stevie Wonder's eyesight to be honest. Whilst he's technically sounds what I've seen this season is a player who fails to impact games and more often than not, flatters to deceive. 

He has some decent raw materials that suggests he could be (a) a decent player in the future and (b) a key player for us in the Championship, however based on his exploits this season, he is nothing more than a profound waste of money, money that should have been used better last summer. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

He hasn't done much, but there have been a few flashes. His assist to Gabby against Norwich was something nobody else in the current squad would have done. That's not enough to declare him a success obviously, but I'd like him to get more time. 

Clearly Eric Black thinks otherwise - he'd rather play a man whose contract expires in 2 games' time - another genius decision from Mr Brainbox. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I think you have Stevie Wonder's eyesight to be honest. Whilst he's technically sounds what I've seen this season is a player who fails to impact games and more often than not, flatters to deceive. 

He has some decent raw materials that suggests he could be (a) a decent player in the future and (b) a key player for us in the Championship, however based on his exploits this season, he is nothing more than a profound waste of money, money that should have been used better last summer. 

So you're basically agreeing with me then? 

In response to 'fails to impact games', remind me, who's got the most assists in this crap team for this season?

No one in this team has played well consistently this season, so it's not surprising Jordan hasn't either. He's a young player who also just had a kid this season. It does take time for players to settle. Veretout has never shown anything but good, professional displays, even when he has played 'badly'. 

32 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

He hasn't done much, but there have been a few flashes. His assist to Gabby against Norwich was something nobody else in the current squad would have done. That's not enough to declare him a success obviously, but I'd like him to get more time. 

Clearly Eric Black thinks otherwise - he'd rather play a man whose contract expires in 2 games' time - another genius decision from Mr Brainbox. 

Yes. Eric Black is beginning to get bloody annoying.

Beginning to wonder what was the point of sacking Garde rather than just let him see out the season instead of this nonsense.

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 09:11, Jay.P.A said:

so it's not surprising Jordan hasn't either. He's a young player who also just had a kid this season. It does take time for

Sounds like JPA's first season to me

• Like 1

They reckon Bournmouth will take him on loan. Now that would be a utter shit deal for us. If we are going to loan him and get no money lets keep him and try stay up.  a loan would be absolutely pointless

Â