Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

On 2/29/2016 at 15:08, mwj said:

My point was that at the time, the majority of posters on here didn't exactly share that opinion. It was only in the second season that he started to win over everyone.

I think the potential is there with Veretout but the quality is definitely lacking currently... Time will tell

time won't tell.....a lower standard of football might.

he isn't good enough for the Premier league and doubtful for the championship.

Edited by TRO

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

time won't tell.....a lower standard of football might.

he isn't good enough for the Premier league and doubtful for the championship.

He's good enough for the Premier League IMO. Just surrounded by shit here which makes it that more difficult for a few of our decent players.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bose said:

He's good enough for the Premier League IMO. Just surrounded by shit here which makes it that more difficult for a few of our decent players.

you can't keep saying its someone elses fault, its the players around him, every player says that about themselves.....They have to show something themselves.

IMO he is not up to this level.

Just now, TRO said:

you can't keep saying its someone elses fault, its the players around him, every player says that about themselves.....They have to show something themselves.

IMO he is not up to this level.

IMO he is.  But a year in the championship will help him 

Just now, TRO said:

Well for me he's had some decent games and a few quite good games. Hope he stays, one of a handful I wouldn't mind keeping at the club.

I do think he's potentially a lot better than he seems, maybe a season in the championship will be good for him and with a bit of confidence he might prove himself. He did well enough in France so he has got some ability, it's just finding the right level for him to demonstrate it. 

Sadly I don't think we will now see the best that Veretout has to offer.  Think he will go in the summer, but I still believe there is a player in there and someone else will benefit.  Shame, as quite liked watching him.

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

What the **** happened to that woman whose job it was to help foreign players settle in and get themselves sorted out?

Probably one of the 120 that's been laid off!

Â