Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Is not a wide player and should only play central roles.

Drop Westwood and use Sinclair (shudders) or anyone else our wide

I agree - what good work he did centrally has been lost by ineffective play out wide. Sinclair showed glimpses of what he is capable of against Stoke.

5 hours ago, PaulC said:

He's not without talent but I would question his application and for me thats unforgiveable.

He has good technique but very lightweight in my book and starts to go missing when teams get physical with him. 

I'd question how useful he'd be in the championship, much like Gil. If we get a decent offer I'd sell.

He was excellent last season, and scored a decent number of goals. That is why we bought him, and he looked like a very good purchase at the time. You don't lose that, and I think he needed better players around him to bring him through. To me, he is still struggling to find his form, and a relegation battle, with the pressures that brings, is delaying that.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Yes he is.

I think he's a quality player when he can be bothered but unfortunately his attitude stinks and he is too quick to give up and not the type of player needed for a relegation fight,  I think he will be one of the first to leave in the Summer. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He was excellent last season, and scored a decent number of goals. That is why we bought him, and he looked like a very good purchase at the time. You don't lose that, and I think he needed better players around him to bring him through. To me, he is still struggling to find his form, and a relegation battle, with the pressures that brings, is delaying that.

Not a knock at you, AntrimBlack but I'm so fed up of this argument that he's not good because of the players around him. 
I'm fed up of this argument when it is used to defend any player, not just Veretout.

His lack of fitness, ability to keep the ball, score or position himself correctly isn't down to the players he's playing with.

Good players are just good. Even in poor teams, they stand out. That's because they're good players.
This same argument has been used to defend Westwood in the past.

People need to stop looking for excuses for players. Especially this one.

The whole of our midfield is poor and it isn't because they have a below par defence behind them and nor is it because they dont have Benteke in front of them. Its poor because none of them are very good. 

• Like 1

I think he will prove to be decent in the same way that Stan Petrov took an entire season to come good. People said some horrific stuff on here in his first season and now he's a club legend. Coming from a bottom half Ligue 1 side is probably equivalent to coming from Scotland

The skills and the vision are there, he just makes his decisions at about 40% the required speed for the PL. Work rate needs improving also

Â