Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Sinclair is **** wank. At least Veretout has shown flashes.

Different players and different positions though 

if I was having to pick one of them as a wide man then it would be Sinclair , even if i do kinda agree with your assessment of Sinclair 

leicester don't have the best players but arguably they do have them play games in the correct positions ....

• Like 1

Different players and different positions though 

if I was having to pick one of them as a wide man then it would be Sinclair , even if i do kinda agree with your assessment of Sinclair 

leicester don't have the best players but arguably they do have them play games in the correct positions ....

I don't think Sinclair is a winger. He's a wide forward or striker. He simply doesn't have the work ethic to play wide in a 4-4-2.

If Sinclair is the answer then the question is wrong. The question should be why was he not backed in January to fill the holes so we can play how he wants to play.

• Like 2

He was left wing as he generally can hold onto the ball something Sinclair fails to do most of the time .

I agree with DDID Sinclair is a wide forward he isn't a winger , wingers can cross he is like a poor mans ( if is possible ) Andros Townsend he runs and checks inside to take a shot on goal.His last start was against Wycombe and he was terrible and pushed off the ball constantly.

Sinclair is crap but having a cm as a winger is madness. Not once did he take a player on or make a good attacking run. He played it backwards or sideways nearly everytime. Our attack is bad enough without limiting it further.

Sinclair is not the answer but he was an alternative option. 

I said wide man rather than winger and Veretout is neither a wide man nor a winger so Sinclair on paper would still give more balance to the side 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

Sinclair is like a smelly shit in the toilet. The quicker you get rid of it the better.

Wouldn't play him anywhere near wide left, as the gaps he leaves behind himself and lack of strength in getting up and down the wing is quite embarrassing. We have seen it time and time again this season.

Regarding Veretout, although crap on Saturday I really like him as a player and have seen enough to convince myself that he could become a class player under the right guidance. I think his problem at the moment is definitely his positioning in the formation. I think he needs to play the 10 role or slightly deeper centrally or on the right as being on the left side smothers his movement on the ball and tightens the angles in his passing.

7 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Sinclair is like a smelly shit in the toilet. The quicker you get rid of it the better.

Wouldn't play him anywhere near wide left, as the gaps he leaves behind himself and lack of strength in getting up and down the wing is quite embarrassing. We have seen it time and time again this season.

Regarding Veretout, although crap on Saturday I really like him as a player and have seen enough to convince myself that he could become a class player under the right guidance. I think his problem at the moment is definitely his positioning in the formation. I think he needs to play the 10 role or slightly deeper centrally or on the right as being on the left side smothers his movement on the ball and tightens the angles in his passing.

My concern with Veretout is he doesn't seem to be able to cope physically and he also tends to look a bit leggy at times... I agree there is a good player in there and he has youth on his side to develop those parts of his game .... But we kinda said that about Westwood as well !! 

He may blossom in the championship but rest assured if he does it won't be playing out wide on the left ....

• Like 1

I said wide man rather than winger and Veretout is neither a wide man nor a winger so Sinclair on paper would still give more balance to the side 

We got absolutely smashed as it is. Take Veretout out and replace him with Sinclair and its probably 8-0. He's a **** awful footballer and a lazy clearing in the woods to boot.

Regardless, the fact that the choice is Veretout, Sinclair, N'Zogbia or Richardson is the problem. Which one he picks is almost irrelevant.

• 2 weeks later...

Quality player.

Can't see him wanting to stay, don't blame him.

I think the amount we paid might mean we'll hang onto him as we'll demand some decent money.

Probably not with this shambles of a club, he'll be off for £2m or something.

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

I agree and that makes me wonder why Garde keeps picking him. 

Because who is a better option? Garde at least knows that Veretout can randomly have a great match. Plus our other midfield options are really poor. 

9 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Because who is a better option? Garde at least knows that Veretout can randomly have a great match. Plus our other midfield options are really poor. 

Grealish? Hardly played a game this season yet last season was very good..Can't do any worse than Veretout. 

Â