Jordan Veretout

MikeMcKenna

10 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Sadly I don't think we will now see the best that Veretout has to offer.  Think he will go in the summer, but I still believe there is a player in there and someone else will benefit.  Shame, as quite liked watching him.

But he's not that fast and his game is predictable. Maybe a real nice player in France, but he's a bit naive in England and he scares nobody.

4 minutes ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

If he stays I think he'll be a very good player in the Championship, provided we get a manger who can restore some confidence in him.

Very much this, may feel more settled next season also and hopefully in a more stable positive atmosphere. He's not disruptive or poisonous and may have felt overwhelmed by the Bantz brats running the squad.

Id give him another season at least. 

• Like 2

I would keep him too. He has not had chance to show what he can do really. From what I can see he would show more in a team that was attacking and had options up front. Something we have had zero of this season.

• Like 2

Next season against the pub teams if we are stuck with current squad 

4-3-3 (attacking)

Steer

Hutton      Okore           Clark          Amavi

Sanchez

Gana                   Veretout

Adama                                         Grealish

Ayew

Subs

Bunn

lyden

gardner

baker

sinclair

gestede

gil

So f&@k off 

Guzan lescott Richards Westwood gabby ( gotta be 150k + wages )

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Poor Jordan.

Did we just offer more money than Leicester in wages or did he just want to join likes of Gana and Amavi here?

Leicester have a few French speakers in their squad..they signed Kante instead didn't they...

16 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Poor Jordan.

Did we just offer more money than Leicester in wages or did he just want to join likes of Gana and Amavi here?

Leicester have a few French speakers in their squad..they signed Kante instead didn't they...

IIRC Leicester offered Nantes more for him but Jordan spoke to the Nantes chairman who allowed him to join us for less. No idea of what difference there might have been in wages. I don't think it came into it, but I'd be guessing.

I was talking to one of my man utd mates about him the other day. At the time, he was amazed we bought Veretout, he really rated him (I'd never heard of him). My mate really doesn't understand what's happened to him.

For me, I didn't have an opinion on Veretout before and that hasn't massively changed if I'm honest. Would like to see if he will be of some use, but I dare say he'll be gone in the summer and no doubt go on to be a quality player elsewhere. 

I dont agree with this at all. lets says veretout played for them he might have been ahead of kante in the team and they could have dropped various points because of that and not won the league. We could have signed someone else and he might have been difference for us staying up or going down. No-one knows its not as simple as that. 

• Like 2

I think he's got something to offer but the PL and Championship are tough leagues. There is no place to hide and any fragility is exposed. If he's struggling mentally or emotionally, perhaps it's better to head to another league.

Â