Jed Steer

samjp26

I thought Jed played really well & actually kept us in the game for 45 minutes. The only goal that he was really at fault for was the 3rd one when he was beaten on his front post. He may have been beaten on his front post too for their second goal but that was mainly due to the deficiencies of  zonal marking whereby a static Matty Lowton allowed Chadli across him at the front post.

Did anyone else also notice how good he is at kicking the ball to

Jed is still only young & for me shows a lot of promise. Definitely came out of this game with credit.

I thought Jed played really well & actually kept us in the game for 45 minutes. The only goal that he was really at fault for was the 3rd one when he was beaten on his front post. He may have been beaten on his front post too for their second goal but that was mainly due to the deficiencies of zonal marking whereby a static Matty Lowton allowed Chadli across him at the front post.

Did anyone else also notice how good he is at kicking the ball to

Jed is still only young & for me shows a lot of promise. Definitely came out of this game with credit.

Agree with this completely. I actually thought Jed was one of our better players (maybe due to how overworked he was.

How he can be blamed for the second spurs goal is beyond me. Just because a goal goes in at the near post doesn't automatically make it a keeper mistake. The corner was abysmal and should have been dealt with easily and paulinho was about 6 yards from goal.

Third goal was a poor attempt at a save but considering the number of saves made in the game I'm fairly confident that Jed can step up when needed.

Alternatively we could just write off a young keeper who's shown some promise as many wanted to do with our current number 1.

Is Jed Steer better than Shay Given?

Not right now. Is he worth giving game time in regards to career development? Yes.

Know what you mean, but Given is an excellent nr.2, also on a big salary and possibly with us for a few more years.

Would it have been better for Steer to continue his development on loan at a lower league club?

I can only assume that Steer was signed on the promise that he would get game time as Guzan's number2? On the assumption that Given would be offloaded during the transfer window and Lambert wants to stick to that promise. I imagine that Steer wouldn't have come here to be a number3 keeper.

Been unimpressed with Steer both times I've seen him (Walsall in pre-season and Spurs in league cup).

Dallies on the ball too long, nearly cost us a goal in both games doing this, one of our defenders massively got him out of jail at Walsall. Also don't think he commands his area nearly as well as Big Brad. He seems a reasonable shot stopper but that doesn't make a good keeper on its own.

Still don't see why we couldn't of just made Siegrist our No. 2...

Because he isn't ready yet.

Neither is Steer. Plus his name is Jed, I dont like that name, reminds me of Jedward!

Â