Jed Steer

samjp26

From the OS:

The Professional Football Compensation Committee has confirmed its decision in relation to the move of Jed Steer from Norwich to Aston Villa in summer 2013, deciding that the compensation fee should be £450,000.

We are very happy with the PFCC's decision following the tribunal hearing earlier in the week and believe that the guaranteed amount of compensation, as well as the overall structure of the decision, is fair and reflects the points we put before the Committee.

Norwich statement on the subject: 

Villa to pay up to £1.175m for goalkeeper

CITY can confirm the Professional Compensation Committee has ruled that Aston Villa must pay a fee rising to a maximum of £1.175m for young former City goalkeeper Jed Steer who joined them last summer. 

A fee of £450,000 plus VAT is payable immediately, with an additional figure of up to £500,000 payable on appearances plus a further £225,000 should the former England youth international make Under-21 and senior international appearances. 

The committee also agreed a 20% sell-on fee for City should the player transfer from Aston Villa to another club. 

City Chief Executive David McNally commented: “We are extremely pleased with the outcome of this matter after a very fair hearing with the Professional Compensation Committee.”

Read more at http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/steer-compensation-17-jan-14-1300332.aspx#Jkfhv7JUzfZJmp4K.99

Reads more to me like a look at what we got from big bad villa. The VAT bit made me chuckle.

VAT is 20% right lol, so we paid 540,000 for Steer, isn't that bad I guess. He won't be making any appearances for England or probably many appearances for Villa expect for in the cup or in the reserves, Norwich will have to wait for the remaining payments :)

450 + VAT :lol:

Well I hope we're VAT registered. That 90k can be used to pay Grant Holt's pie bill...

:lol: Because that's how much it would cost to pay for all the pies he eats...

:D Because he eats a lot of pies...

:) Because he's fat...

Guys?

• Like 1

I haven't really seen enough of him this season but i do know from previous years he has always been really highly rated.  He kept my mates brother( who currently plays for Bournemouth) out of the England youth teams, people always talked really highly of him and Butland.

• 6 months later...

According to Doncaster Rovers official Site the yhave signed him today for 3 months on loan - Shay Given not bombed out any longer?

Don't we still have Benjamin Siegrist?  It might be that, given Guzan didn't miss a game(?) last season through injury, we've decided to give Steer some competitive playing time instead of warming our bench.  I'm completely fine with this.

Â