Jed Steer

samjp26

Haha some people are idiots! A young gk going on loan to get some game time.... oh no must of been a bad transfer for him!

Good luck to him at Doncaster and hopefully he will be given a good amount of game time :)

• Like 1

Obviously he knew he wouldn't be starting in the prem instead of Guzan. It's good for him to get some game time and develop.

But does this mean Given will be playing in the cup matches?

Possibly, although they may give Siegriest a chance if he's not sent out on loan. That could be unlikely though as he's only played in the Conference so far...

This shows that Lambert thinks Given is past it. Basically, he's hoping Guzan stays fit (so Given doesn't have to play) and Steer will rack up minutes and gain experience at at Doncaster, so when he comes back he's ready to be no.2 GK. Given will then be offloaded or offered a coaching role. 

This shows that Lambert thinks Given is past it. Basically, he's hoping Guzan stays fit (so Given doesn't have to play) and Steer will rack up minutes and gain experience at at Doncaster, so when he comes back he's ready to be no.2 GK. Given will then be offloaded or offered a coaching role.

Or it shows that a young player needs games to develop

• Like 1

Or it shows that a young player needs games to develop

Or it shows that Steer is not good enough, and Given is preferred at number 2, and Steer is being given a chance on loan to improve.

• Like 1

What a bizarre post, to me it shows the opposite. Pl does not think Steer is ready and Given is more than capable backup.

Edited by jim

I don't think it's about Steer being "ready" or not. He doesn't need to be ready as we have our #1 keeper and he's not gonna be displaced any time soon. And we can have a reserve keeper or Given with his vast experience on the bench.

So as I say I don't think it shows that Lambert doesn't think he's ready. I think it shows that he's a young keeper that wants to be out playing games.

Out of interest does anyone know the goalkeeping situation at Doncaster? Is Steer basically guaranteed to start or is there a chance he'll be sat on the bench the whole time?

What a bizarre post, to me it shows the opposite. Pl does not think Steer is ready and Given is more than capable backup.

OK, £5 bet that Steer is no.2 choice keeper at the start of next season and Given will either be gone or a coach. Deal?!

OK, £5 bet that Steer is no.2 choice keeper at the start of next season and Given will either be gone or a coach. Deal?!

But that's likely to be the outcome of both of your scenarios :lol:

• 1 month later...

I didn't go to Walsall today but he actually went off injured at 0-0.

nice one Chris, have amended the post and taken the 3 goals off.

Apart from the goals anyone know if he is playing well there? what do the Doncaster fans think of him?

Edited by Villan4Life

Â