Jed Steer

samjp26

I'd just point out that my comment was a joke.

I had no problem with the exchange.

I was just commenting on the "The ball's in your court" thing which was happening at the end of each post :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Would love to see Jed get a go in the league cup match against Rotherham. Seems like a young keeper with bags of ability in the future

I'd say it's a guarantee (I almost wrote a given... but that wouldve been confusing) based on last season

1st game, clean sheet, job's a good'n. Looked a tad nervous but settled and made a comfortable save from a Frecklington shot late in the game.

Looked comfortable tonight but rarely tested.

Does he keep his spot in the LC against Spudz?

Yes he should do, it's wrong for me if you pick a player to play in the cups and then drop him just because you are playing a stronger team. Lambert was right to keep playing Given against Bradford last year and O Neill was wrong to drop Guzan for the 2010 cup final in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Have to be fair and honest about this lad tonight.

First half he was decent and made some good saves. Was a bit slow to come out for the Defoe goal.

Second half he was absolute garbage. 2 near post goals are not good enough for this level. Admittedly not a lot he could do about the 1v1. 

Hopefully he gets some needed practice in before we play him in the FA cup.

Have to be fair and honest about this lad tonight.

First half he was decent and made some good saves. Was a bit slow to come out for the Defoe goal.

Second half he was absolute garbage. 2 near post goals are not good enough for this level. Admittedly not a lot he could do about the 1v1. 

Hopefully he gets some needed practice in before we play him in the FA cup.

Yes he looked out of his depth. Makes you wonder why we are paying Shay Given his wages and don't pick him.

Thought he generally did ok last night, his kicking was decent apart from the one blocked by Defoe and made a couple of great saves in first half. For the second goal he had no protection, the marking was poor. Third goal - yes he should have done better he shouldnt have been beaten there. Overall through throught he was no worse than the others and remember what Guzan was like a few years ago.

Â