Christian Benteke

Kwan

13 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

If we got promoted and couldn't get Tammy, would you gamble on Benteke?  I've not really seen him play in a long time.

No

He is long gone, would say soon to be toure's team mate at a Turkish mid table team but his problem is the money he's moved for and is now earning means he will rot at palace rather than go find his level

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

If we got promoted and couldn't get Tammy, would you gamble on Benteke?  I've not really seen him play in a long time.

Absolutely not, he is bobbins and has a terrible attitude.

Edited by jim

He was always a bit mentally weak, and that plus injuries seems to have got the better of him. Hard to see him turning his career around from here. I wonder whether the same would have happened had he stayed here. He was our best ST since Yorke IMO.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

Legitimately thought he would do better than Lukaku.

He definitely was. Never got over that achilles injury.

Desire to get back properly and all that probably wasn't there.

What a **** force he was when he was on.

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

On stupid wages, and questionable motivation.

I wouldn't take him on if he was offered to us on a free.

Absolutely. It's ridiculous how people would even have him back at all. Actually wanting him back is actually pathetic.

It's like a needy ex pining after someone who only ever saw them as a short-term shag before they moved on to someone fitter and prettier. An ex who was a bit of a catch in their youthful pomp but is now paunchy, balding and impotent.

Why the hell would we want someone like that here? Look at the way the current TEAM play for each other, the coaching team, the club and the fans. Christian Benteke has only ever played for Christian Benteke. He has no place here and, frankly, I couldn't give a damn if his career ended today. I could have cared less if it had ended the day he left Villa as I have even less affection and bond with him as he didn't have for and with AVFC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He definitely was. Never got over that achilles injury.

Desire to get back properly and all that probably wasn't there.

What a **** force he was when he was on.

We had him at his best, after the injury he was good for villa, the only downfall to benteke was having a rubbish agent who tried on 3 occasions to get him out of villa.

Liverpool was never, ever going to be the right move for him.

I doubt Benteke gives a single solitary shite if he scores goals or his form is none existent. He probably looks at his bank balance at the end of each day and laughs himself to sleep. 

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

I doubt Benteke gives a single solitary shite if he scores goals or his form is none existent. He probably looks at his bank balance at the end of each day and laughs himself to sleep. 

That seems a bit harsh.

Â