Christian Benteke

Kwan

I firmly believe that if you make Benteke the focal point of the team he will still be an extremely effective striker. Get him happy by being the main man and he will score. Maybe he didn't fit in a Klopp system but certainly the way the current Villa team plays he would be very, very useful.

He scored 17 goals last season but the guy that signed him has left the club. Couple that with moving to London (which can be a big lonely) place I'm sure has it's all affected him. 

Palace may look to offload him for around 15 million, he knows Birmingham and Villa - I think he'd be a bargain. (All dependent on promotion of course.)

• Like 1

He might be having a poor season and low on confidence and in his last six games he only has one goal, but it's worth noting that he has five assists in those games. That's great going by anyone's standards!

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

The same number as Ashley Young - one.

The Belgian first division :rolleyes:

Ashley Young has had a great career. He has played 186 times for Manchester United, won the Premier League title, the FA Cup, the Charity Shield the League Cup and the UEFA Cup. 

Was he a better player for Villa? Yes, definitely IMO. But I bet if you were to ask him he doesn't regret a single thing. 

21 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Interesting. How many titles has he won? 

Didn't @Genie just mean he (Benteke) has replaced Young as the player many villans seemingly want back at the club?

That was my take on it anyway. Happy to be corrected.

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Genie said:

Yeah, @Designer1is right. I basically meant he’s linked to “coming back” every window like Young was.

If we go up i guess we’ve got more chance of getting CB from Palace than getting Young from United.

I dunno Young's age suggests he's getting into the has-been/never-was territory that we seem to love... Or used to I hope we've turned a corner on that (Terry aside obviously). 

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently Benteke and his people are looking to cash in and bugger off to the Chinese league in the summer.

I'd say get a new agent, but then again he'll make Scrooge McDuck level money there so who can blame him...

Â