Christian Benteke

Kwan

2 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Hypothetically... would you take Benteke at a cut price £8 million this Summer if we are promoted on Monday (Sorry when we are promoted Monday)

Would it be worth the risk of trying to play him back into his old Villa form as a reserve striker initially?

I don't think he fits the way we play anymore, he's out of form and injuries have not been kind either. His wages would be too much just to take a punt. A no from me.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Hypothetically... would you take Benteke at a cut price £8 million this Summer if we are promoted on Monday (Sorry when we are promoted Monday)

Would it be worth the risk of trying to play him back into his old Villa form as a reserve striker initially?

I wouldn't take him on a free.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

I still love the idea of him but I haven't watched him since we were relegated.

Checking the stats, he scored 49 in 101 appearances for us and has managed just 21 in 89 appearances for Palace. Fallen a long way.

and nearly all of them for Palace came in one season. wouldn't want him back myself

8 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Nope. 

Best days are long gone.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wilko154 said:

No. He won't find his old form and we don't owe him anything. He left to join a bigger club and was victim to a managerial change ten games into the season. Sometimes life works out like that. He played the best football of his career at Villa Park, we quadrupled our money on him and I'd rather just be left with the fond memories. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TheStagMan said:

Nope definately not. Left us to go on to "better" things. Turned out to not be as good as he thought. Don't want him back. We need better than him if we go back up.

He has definitely done better things than us since he left

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

He has definitely done better things than us since he left

Yeah, a year at Liverpool then a couple of seasons at Crystal Palace. The stuff of dreams!

Still, we got a good price for him

On 24/05/2019 at 09:17, Michelsen said:

I genuinely thought he’d be world class. 

So did he.

One great season and thinking onto his dream move of Arsenal as we were only a stepping stone for him anyway, then sulked and caused all sorts of problems cause he never got his move.

Got that nasty injury and never came back the same.

He is finnished imo.

11 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So did he.

One great season and thinking onto his dream move of Arsenal as we were only a stepping stone for him anyway, then sulked and caused all sorts of problems cause he never got his move.

Got that nasty injury and never came back the same.

He is finnished imo.

Cant remember him causing any problems here at all or even sulking 

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Cant remember him causing any problems here at all or even sulking 

It wasn't really dramtised as such, but I recall Lambert saying one or two things about convincing him to stay, at the time.

• 2 weeks later...
Â