Christian Benteke

Kwan

1 hour ago, sne said:

Only 358 days since his previous goal.

70th career PL goal in his 200th PL game

Its a decent record in fairness. Can think of better strikers that be proud of that ratio. Except 1 season at Liverpool he has been mainly involved in relegation battles

On 21/12/2018 at 11:07, VillaJ100 said:

Apparently, an achilles I jury like what Benteke has is incredibly rare in a young man. It's more a degenerative issue cause by excessive wear and tear over time. It seems likely Benteke is actually older than his given age. 

Hudson Odoi says Hi

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/04/2019 at 10:15, VillaJ100 said:

Can happen at any age but its more likely as you get older

Loftus Cheek says Hi

On 21/12/2018 at 11:07, VillaJ100 said:

Apparently, an achilles I jury like what Benteke has is incredibly rare in a young man. It's more a degenerative issue cause by excessive wear and tear over time. It seems likely Benteke is actually older than his given age. 

8 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

So off to China for 15 million

Always going to happen wasn't it. 

Least we got the best of him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mykeyb said:

So off to China for 15 million

Says it all. More concerned with money than his career. 

8 hours ago, jim said:

Says it all. More concerned with money than his career. 

The two are pretty intrinsically linked and he isn’t getting any big moves from Palace after the scoring run he’s (not) been on. I don’t blame him tbh. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Benteke and Fellaini on same team. Is Tony Pulis managing in China now

To be fair i’m guessing that using your foreign quota of players to buy some absolute giants is probably a genuine strategy in the Chinese Super League

• Like 1

Hypothetically... would you take Benteke at a cut price £8 million this Summer if we are promoted on Monday (Sorry when we are promoted Monday)

Would it be worth the risk of trying to play him back into his old Villa form as a reserve striker initially?

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

The two are pretty intrinsically linked and he isn’t getting any big moves from Palace after the scoring run he’s (not) been on. I don’t blame him tbh. 

Yep, realistically the only option for him now due to the PL transfer fees, palace won't get £15m from anywhere else in Europe

You could even make an argument that he's made a footballing decision  

Â