U.S. Politics

maqroll

58 minutes ago, Awol said:

More like the offices of Birmingham City Council and Parliament, but yes I understand the point. I really don’t want to take this off topic any further though, just mentally scarred by unresolvable definition of terrorism debates. 

Quite right, let’s end this thread terrorism.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Awol said:

It’s shocking how much resonance the Civil War still has in the US psyche. 

The notable change is the switch of black Americans away from the Republicans who fought for their freedom, to the Democrats, who fought against it.  

The Democrats taking Georgia is probably more significant in the realignment of US politics than the passing spectacle of yesterday’s protest. 

It's my understanding, the parties switched positions a long time ago. I don't think anyone would say that republicans today are fighting for the freedom of black Americans (or minorities in general). Maybe the republicans themselves would say it, but not actively do it.

It's not just the civil war. they still have militias or believe in the 2nd amendment 'in case they have to fight off a tyranical government', which is the mindset they had right after their Independence War. At the time that was probably a good idea. Today, a bit strange in the eyes of other many people in western countries.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, AXD said:

It's my understanding, the parties switched positions a long time ago. I don't think anyone would say that republicans today are fighting for the freedom of black Americans (or minorities in general). Maybe the republicans themselves would say it, but not actively do it.

It's not just the civil war. they still have militias or believe in the 2nd amendment 'in case they have to fight off a tyranical government', which is the mindset they had right after their Independence War. At the time that was probably a good idea. Today, a bit strange in the eyes of other many people in western countries.

Yeah they switched sides during the civil rights movement.

• Like 1

I’ve got a few books on a few U.S. Presidents, some more of a page turner than others.

The Trump pop up picture book is going to be doozy.

I just don’t think the story is finished yet. They had a moment yesterday, a real chance for them to seize that building and for him to be even more directly supportive. But he bottled it and they didn’t have a focus on what it was they wanted. So the moment was lost.

I fear for Trump that the only way his brand now has longevity is if he dies, soon, and they can mythologise him and what he was just on the cusp of doing, had he not choked on that KFC sat on the toilet.

Incidentally, I’m a data guy and I can prove that spiked killer KFC will be funded by libtard cucks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Wouldn't he have to be told who they were first?

Apparently not. Just like when Jimmy Carter pardoned all the Vietnam War deserters. According to CNN who of course are FAKE MEDIA!!! So they might be wrong...

24 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

The fat lady isnt singing yet. the response not the MSNBC tweet. 

I just don't understand where this cult mentality comes from. I get racists happy that having a president like Trump allows their hate to be promoted but there is that and then believing this is the greatest president ever. 

I mean, what has trump done to convince people of this? How have people bought into this bullshit.

And why Trump? Why didn't like Bush get this sort of stuff? 

Edited by DCJonah

Â