U.S. Politics

maqroll

16 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Yesterday I didn’t even visit a news site as they are slow in reporting, I was flicking between VT and Twitter. It was all I needed. That and Grand Designs. 

Yep, exactly the same. 

37 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It dawned on me by the way that when great big things happen in the news, my default is now to whack on one of the news channels and have the relevant VT thread open at the same time. It would seem that for me, news isn't news any more without the addition of a well informed and slightly unhinged collection of football loving oddballs.

We're the AFTV of global events.

I actually get my news from VT these days and then follow it up with an actual news source 🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Good, that means the Republicans have zero chance of getting the White House any time soon.

Well he did win 2 presidential elections   :ph34r: , so i wouldn't be that sure  ;)

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

If he isn't kicked out today then he really is untouchable. 

The fact that SO many of 73m Republican voters agree with what happened is utterly shocking to me.

You can have political views and want your party to do well and win, but any right minded person should be shocked and saddened by what happened. This goes way beyond political party lines. 

American has very deep problems. 

They are armed to the teeth and are willing to commit atrocities. Hopefully this situation forces lawmakers to clamp down on guns and the militia groups/proud boy types. There needs to be an all out assault on the armed wing of MAGA.

2 hours ago, villianusa said:

I’ll let it be revealed in due time.

This is the mantra of Q-Anon. When they can't explain or justify their beliefs and conspiracies, they end the conversation with this line as if it holds any weight at all. Are you a Q-Anon follower?

• Like 3

Mike Pence will now spend the rest of his life looking behind his back, fearful of the psychotic mob he helped nurture through his fealty to Trump.

I'm sure there's a Bible verse or two he can turn to for comfort.

• Like 1

If a nation that spends gazillions on it's military complex can't defend one of it's own buildings then you have to question how effective Space Force will be against the sneaky bastards hiding out on Venus.

One can only assume Space Force could be destroyed by playing The Beastie Boyzs at full volume.

30 minutes ago, maqroll said:

This is the mantra of Q-Anon. When they can't explain or justify their beliefs and conspiracies, they end the conversation with this line as if it holds any weight at all. Are you a Q-Anon follower?

You would think the time to reveal it would be when you are making applications to judges to get your case into court.  You know, then. 

Or failing that run out all the evidence in court instead of letting a drunk woman have a rant.  Rolling out the evidence there and then with all those TV cameras around the world trained on the courtroom.  I mean I'm no lawyer but that's when I would have triumphantly rolled out all the great evidence then. 

And if it was somehow still suppressed, you would surely go to Fox News who I am sure would be absolutely gagging at the bit, completely desperate to run a 2 hour special forensically going through all the photos, all the phone taps and intercepted e-mails.  All the great unquestionable evidence which must exist.  It absolutely must because Trump has constantly said he's got it and his supporters keep telling us it's about to come out. 

PLEASE GOD LET'S HAVE IT OUT THEN SO I CAN NOW START TO BELIEVE ITS ALL A CONSPIRACY. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

A long, but heartfelt and to-the-point Facebook post by an American friend of my own generation. Anyone who has the slightest sympathy for Trump and his moronic followers should read it and hang their heads in shame: 

The transition from  Dick Winters to "We want a Nazi dictator" really is the greatest heel turn of all time.

Edited by Brumerican

Â