U.S. Politics

maqroll

Just now, maqroll said:

There needs to be a purge of extremists and enablers from law enforcement and military.

Isn't that what caused all these neo-nazis ending up with the police because they got kicked out of the army? Or was it the other way round?

Sky reporting that a Republican politician was one of the mob, clad in full combat gear and helmet, urging everyone on and pushing into the building. 

An elected politician. How can this be tenable? 

25 minutes ago, sne said:

Isn't that what caused all these neo-nazis ending up with the police because they got kicked out of the army? Or was it the other way round?

I think there's a been a pipeline between the two for years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I think there's a been a pipeline between the two for years.

20yr wars do that to a society. Consequences.

Interesting that it is the members of congress who are acting to prohibit the removal of troops from active overseas duty. This is clearly representing the people of the United States, in a similar manner to their policies on gun control and healthcare amongst others.

31 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Biden speaks well. He's refreshingly 'Presidential'.

I was about to post similar - how refreshing it is to hear someone like Biden speak.  Sky News also referred to him as "refreshingly Presidential". 

Edited by trekka

1 hour ago, trekka said:

I was about to post similar - how refreshing it is to hear someone like Biden speak.  Sky News also referred to him as "refreshingly Presidential". 

I hate that this is where the bar is, but given that the other party is a proto-fascist mad house, we'd do well to keep it above this.

3 hours ago, sne said:

I have American friend who's Iraq vet now cop in Indiana who's massive leftie and hates Trump though I assume he's in the minority in that regard

6 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Fraternal Lodge ?🤔

Four Seasons Total Landscaping was no accident.

Pretty alarming that a high-ranking police officer (assumed, tbh) can hold these views over what happened.

Even if you're a die-hard Republican, you've GOT to condemn last night properly.  Not whatever the **** this nonsense was.  Terrifying country, it really is.

Â