U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Stormed the Capitol to take photos is hardly terrorism.  What they have done is pretty serious and they should be punished for it but let’s not go nuts about it.

There were lawmakers cowering in the aisles of the House of Representatives. Gas masks deployed. Gunfire. These were the hardcore MAGAs representing every fascist paramilitary group in the country. I'm glad they had no guns with them but this was a political crime using violence. Its terrorism to me.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 3

51 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Every time I see American Police in action they look utterly incompetent. Can you imagine protesters getting away with that at Downing Street or Parliament? Not a bloody chance.

The lax response seems premeditated. 

Just now, maqroll said:

There were lawmakers cowering in the aisles of the House of Representatives. Gas masks deployed. Gunfire. These were the hardcore MAGAs representing every fascist paramilitary group in the country. I'm glad they had no guns with them but this was a political crime using violence. Its terrorism to me.

• Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Mike Pence meeting the moment 

Well, yeah.   But he was nearly 4 years late for the meeting and the moment had gotten tired of waiting for him and was about to leave.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

I would just love for Ted Cruz to get another chance to speak tonight. Watch him squirm and weasel his way out of this.

He already has spoken.    He sent a fundraising text in the middle of it:

• Haha 1

One of the Senators just addressed Pence as President Pence.

No idea if a slip of the tongue, a dig at Trump or if something bigger is pending announcement.

Every one of these senators are piling in Trump, both sides. He’s now truly isolated I think give or take a Ted Cruz or two.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

One of the Senators just addressed Pence as President Pence.

No idea if a slip of the tongue, a dig at Trump or if something bigger is pending announcement.

Every one of these senators are piling in Trump, both sides. He’s now truly isolated I think give or take a Ted Cruz or two.

The House won't be the same as the Senate.   Senators originally objecting to the certification don't actually believe Trumps BS, they just humored him for political reasons.  Trump's and his supporters' behavior today crossed a line for them where they couldn't pretend anymore that their position was harmless.   In the House, representatives get elected by a much smaller group of people and some of them, particularly in rural areas, who are equally batsh*t crazy as Trump and his most fervent followers can get elected.   They will explain it away and still contend that the election was stolen and the rioters were patriots.

• Like 1

All eyes on Josh Hawley.

Edit: Oh he will come under some heat for that speech. Still not backing down from the fraud allegations and continuing with the lies.

Edited by sne

54 minutes ago, sne said:

All eyes on Josh Hawley.

Edit: Oh he will come under some heat for that speech. Still not backing down from the fraud allegations and continuing with the lies.

He is grotesque 

• Like 1

Â