Alan Hutton

Rich_D

Us going up would be a fitting end to Hutton career here. Start of the decline when he joined(not all his fault) and now I feel for 1st time we are moving forward as a club

Left us with good momemts though

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Really struggled today, Norwich were just pinging little balls down his side for fun in the first 20 minutes. AEM much more secure bet for the play offs.

Early on yes, lots of success down that side for them. Elmo would 100% have had all the difficulty Hutton did.

Wouldn't rule him out getting more appearances for us before leaving.

Edited by Tomaszk

21 minutes ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Bloody good player. Finishing on two fine seasons in a row. I wish he had been with us in happier times , he might get the credit he richly deserves for his skill and work rate. 

Bit over the top. Not a “very good player” by any sensible measure. A real trier who gives his all, even if his all is somewhat limited. Skill ? Well, have seen him turned inside out by opponents, and left trailing in their wake too often to consider him as anything more than a journeyman in that department. Work rate, yes, and very committed. That’s never been enough on its own though. Wish him well, and will remember his goal against the noses with a smile. But I think he has been well past his sell by date for some time. 

• Like 1

The amount of times I have seen him jog back when out of position when teams counter shouldn’t be forgotten when with rose tinted villa specs people say he has always given 100%  ... he is a liability and needs to be moved on regardless of what division we are in . 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Working hard should be a given. I have no idea why people keeps bringing it up.

Weimann worked hard as well but he was still useless. You need the ability to back up your hard work.

I really can't understand when people say this.

Yes, working hard SHOULD be a given, but it isn't, you only have to look at most of the players we've had in the last decade to see that, that's why everyone keeps bringing it up.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Some of the comments on here are very disappointingly disrespectful for a long servant of the club who has always shown nothing but professionalism and respect for the club even though the club at times didn't earn that respect. 

Keyboard warriors I guess. 

Your last comment is a ridiculous cliche. No one has been disrespectful on this thread, they have simply given their opinions , and reasons for holding them.. If you don’t agree with those opinions, fine. Everyone has a right to comment.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, meregreen said:

Your last comment is a ridiculous cliche. No one has been disrespectful on this thread, they have simply given their opinions , and reasons for holding them.. If you don’t agree with those opinions, fine. Everyone has a right to comment.

22 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Can't wait to see the back of him.

20 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Total garbage, get rid

20 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Won’t be missed.

20 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Garbage player.

19 hours ago, Farlz said:

I'm delighted that's the last I'll see of Alan Hutton at Aston Villa

1 hour ago, meregreen said:

Opinions that every one has a right to hold. Nothing to do with “warriors”. Do you really want everyone on here to agree with you. 

Disagreeing with my opinion has nothing whatsoever to do with it.  

In fact I totally agree with their opinion, I do think it's time he moved on. 

I am talking about respect, there is no need for such comments I might agree with on the Micah Richards thread being bandied around about Hutton. 

He deserves better. 

If you don't think these are disrespectful then frankly I dispair. 

Keyboard warriors? Do you think any of those comments would be made to his face? 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So you've said, over and over again, spamming the thread with it to the point I'm numb. 

I think his legs have gone to be honest, he looked completely lost yesterday and it cost us. Elmo might have a rick in him defensively and he's a bit wet behind the ears, but he at the very least has the technical ability to play his way out of sticky situations and to be fair, the lad has a big swinging dick to boot. Nothing seems to phase him. From about the 2nd minute on Hutton played like he knows that even at this level his time is up and I think he might have recognised that we all know it too. 

That said, I maintain that he has been a magnificent servant for the club and to continue to run him down without providing any semblance of balance looks petty and a little entitled. He signed a deserved contract extension last season, following a bit of a renaissance the season before, despite the fact the club was on the verge of going under, as just one small example. Those kinda things matter to me and I respect him as a man for it, in spite of his waning ability on the pitch. I like that one of our last memories of him as a footballer will be that goal against the Blues and I'm hopeful, should he have it in him, that we can find a place for him on the coaching staff at some level. His professionalism is an example.

Which is the respectful way of saying it.  Thank you for summing up how I feel about Alan Hutton. 

If I'd have had to guess what would happen in Alan Hutton's farewell game for the club, I'd probably say a 2-1 loss at home to Norwich bringing an unbeaten record to an end. It just fits him. 

• Like 1

Â