Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Is calling 2 players who have come through the ranks, never given anything other than their all for the club the 'chuckle brothers' not just a bit harsh?

Oh come on it doesn't matter where they've come from. They are both rubbish. They've improved, but still rubbish.

Is calling 2 players who have come through the ranks, never given anything other than their all for the club the 'chuckle brothers' not just a bit harsh?

Oh come on it doesn't matter where they've come from. They are both rubbish. They've improved, but still rubbish.

Ridiculous viewpoint in my opinion.

Especially with regards to Clark. I think you'll find pretty much nobody will agree with you on here.

Have fun making up childish names for our players though.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 3

I'd be a bit disappointed to see Baker go, he has shown improvement over the last 12/18 months (not as much as Clark admittedly), and I think he makes a solid back-up at cb, but understand if he wants to go to get first team football.

he started to show the same sort of improvements as Clark, only he would literally get injured after 2 matches, so we've never really seen enough to judge how good he is/has become.

would like to see him get more games this season, but he needs to be less kamikaze

baker is a poor defender in my opinion and very injury prone. how many sides would baker get into? not many that to me speaks volumes. only two cbs from last season i would keep is okore and clark

Especially with regards to Clark. I think you'll find pretty much nobody will agree with you on here.

I think you over estimate the number of people that share your view on Baker and Clark.

Personally I don't much rate either of them and wouldn't be against us moving either or both of them on this summer.

• Like 1

I like both and although Clark was good last year, I still think both are part of the reason why we have struggled so much over the last few years.  Shame as I had high hopes for both.

• Like 1

I think you over estimate the number of people that share your view on Baker and Clark.

Personally I don't much rate either of them and wouldn't be against us moving either or both of them on this summer.

Didn't mention Baker with people sharing my view.

Either way, calling them the Chuckle brothers is pathetic and childish.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I do like Baker, has the heart of a lion but ultimately just not good enough. I'd keep Clark, big season for him to prove he's found some consistency and cement his place. I think an experienced quality CB is needed though, be right up there on my list of priorities. Aside from, Amavi who I can only really judge from what I've seen on paper, the current back 4 line-up does not fill me with a lot of confidence.

Edited by penguin

I remember you posting some real abusive stuff towards cleverly early on last year. What's the difference?

I think a run in a team injury free would help Baker. Don't think he'll get I here though.

I like him, but I won't be too fussed to see him go. The weakest of our current centre backs, and I include senderos in that.

Clark shouldn't even be part of the same conversation. Way better than Baker

Clark has had a lot longer on the pitch than Baker, give Baker some time. Cannot believe the chuckle brothers thing has resurfaced. Did you not see Clark last season? he was probably our best defender.

Baker has potential too, a lot of his errors are due to inexperience IMO.

• Like 1

Prob best you never sit in the Upper Holte, You might get upset pal.

I do love the passive aggressiveness of the word pal.

As for Baker I dont get the desire to sell. I like the Idea of a loan a bit as a full uninjured season would do him the world of good. Thing is I wouldnt mind it being here at all. I like him. I also fear its all a bit Cahillesque selling him now.

• Like 4

Seriously? Clark was easily our best centre back last season, and was also our best player.

• Like 2

Seriously? Clark was easily our best centre back last season, and was also our best player.

Exactly

Last season even though we were mostly dire all round you'd still rack the list of best performers as

1) Clark

2) Benteke

3) Hutton

4) Cleverly

5) Fibian

Â