Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Him and Okores/Richards would be a good partnership, a combination of power and pace.

Baker is a better defender than people on here give him credit for.I've said it before, better than Cahill was at the same age.

I don't agree with the last part of your post, Cahill was a one off, i knew he was going to be a special player, at the same age, Cahill was Bolton captain

Cahill looked amazing from day one. Everyone saw this apart from the one person that mattered. But he is a well respect manager after all so what do we know.

boltonvilla_2604_464x650.jpg

but nowhere near the level of these lads ;)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Can't see that happening IMO.

I also have this horrible feeling that Baker is a player who we ultimately would regret selling for what will certainly be peanuts.

I also have this horrible feeling that Baker is a player who we ultimately would regret selling for what will certainly be peanuts.

I don't know. I wince every time Nathan Bang-on-the-head gets another concussion. Hate seeing it happen, but then again he is a Villa fan and he'll be banging himself on the head somewhere anyway.

I don't know really.

If we do sell him to Burnley I wouldn't mind us letting him go cheap but having a buy back clause in the deal that way it works out for both clubs.

That way Burnley can afford him (I don't think they have much to spend anyway?) and should he do really well we could buy him back.

I think he needs a full season of consistent football to judge him if i'm honest even if it is championship football.

We could loan him but i'm not sure what his contract situation is.

Edited by dudevillaisnice

I don't know really.

If we do sell him to Burnley I wouldn't mind us letting him go cheap but having a buy back clause in the deal that way it works out for both clubs.

That way Burnley can afford him (I don't think they have much to spend anyway?) and should he do really well we could buy him back.

I think he needs a full season of consistent football to judge him if i'm honest even if it is championship football.

they have made nearly 7 million so far this summer not including parachute payments and about 10 million for Ings from tribunal

im sure they can afford it

I think he is good enough but my concern is all the injuries he picks up, maybe a loan would be a good option for us to see if he can get through a full season in the Championship but dunno if Burnley would want that.

• Like 1

Selling Baker would be stupid. I do however think that Sherwood knows nothing about defending, which is a worry. 

Don't think selling anyone from our squad of the past 3/4 seasons is stupid - they haven't been anywhere near good enough. If he was at another club and we were linked to him this place would go berserk.

If the club sell him they'll go and buy someone better.

I don't know really.

I think that Burnley would be a perfect match for him.

In so much as that, what with all his concussions and head injuries we might be able to trick him that he is still at Villa.

"See Nathan, we aren't selling you. These boys are wearing claret and blue too, so they must be Villa"

"Nathan like Villa. Nathan Smash!" (Then goes on to smash something, presumably with his head)

• Like 1

Â