Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

I had a lot of time for Baker. There's a chance that if he came into the team at a different time next to an experienced CB he may have gone on to play longer in the Prem. 

Retiring from a head injury is the most Nathan Baker thing ever! All those bricks he kept heading back like in his song. 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

A shame, one of those defenders who always got blocks in even if it meant a big risk he'd get injured. Think he got concussed once or twice for us.

Good luck to him in whatever he does next as he's had time to plan post retirement at least.

Always liked him and the fact he didn't give a shit if he got a boot in the face.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villarule123 said:

How ironic that a head injury has cut his career short. 

All the best

It's not ironic though.

He put himself on the line.

Hoping he has a clean bill of health.

18 hours ago, VillaChris said:

A shame, one of those defenders who always got blocks in even if it meant a big risk he'd get injured. Think he got concussed once or twice for us.

Good luck to him in whatever he does next as he's had time to plan post retirement at least.

I remember I was sat in the Holte against Arsenal early 2014 and from a corner he took a ball straight to the face and was out cold for a few moments. Always sacrificing himself for the team, don't see much of that anymore these days

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

nice touch that they had Weimann next to him, I am sure they were in the same youth team here

Pearson might come across as a clearing in the woods in the media but apparently is a really good man manager to work for

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
Â