Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

2m? wow happy with that never thought we would get that much for him. But doesn this not leave us short at cb?

Okore (out until Sept)

Clark

Richards 

Senderos (out of favour)

So really thin there as Crespo is reported to play lb and rb?

Probably for the best as he's not good enough to ever be better than 4th choice CB here.

Do think this means a CB will be coming in though, leaving the options as Richards, Clark, New CB, Okore and Crespo as the utility defender incase of CB injuries. Think Senderos will leave by Sept.

hope this means we have another central defensive signed lined up as we are currently ruddy thin in depth and quality.

Okore - injured till Sept at least and may take a good while longer to get back up to form

Richards - Rustier than Jimmy Saville's bike and likely to make a few bad mistakes

Senderos - Unlikely to feature

Crespo - Unproven and not confirmed as a CB

Clark - Looked a bit dodgy in pre-season but the best we have at the moment

Donacien - No idea if ready to step up

£2m is a gift to us. Not sure why a few thinks he has potential? Young, strong, can head a ball -yes, but so is a Polish builder. He would have been a backup centre back to us, but the fact he is more often injured after coming on for 10 mins then that makes it pointless.

great to see him go.

so now we're down to Richards (still think he's a better right back), Clark and Senderos (who Sherwood doesn't seem to rate given his lack of pre-season starts)

bloody nora

hope we've got a good one (or even two!) up our sleeve

Best of luck to him, always hoped he'd be part of the squad, and he did leave having come into good form before the predictable run of injuries, so I'm sure he'll do well - an astute signing for Burnley I think personally. 

so now we're down to Richards (still think he's a better right back), Clark and Senderos (who Sherwood doesn't seem to rate given his lack of pre-season starts)

bloody nora

Crespo too who can play LB, CB and RB.

bloody nora

CB is infact his best position from most reports and usually only fills in at LB and RB.

Bye,  try not to trip up on the way out or you'll be injured for 6 months

What a classless comment, really thought better of you to be honest. 

Best of luck to him, came all the way through the youth ranks, gave it his absolute all and I personally think he'll end up back in the top flight sooner rather than later. I don't think it's a coincidence that Dyche is interested, a manager who knows how to set up a defence. A shame to be letting someone go when you've put so much time into their development and they're starting to come good, but if we replace him with a genuinely excellent CB it'll be no bad thing. 

• Like 1

bloody nora

jack of all trades master of ... ???

in this instance, i'd MUCH rather we bought in a PL schooled CB. who that is i don't know mind

I always liked Baker, but if Sherwood feels he needs more of his own as part of the bigger rebuild then fair enough.

Good luck to him, I think he'll be in the Premier League again before too long.

Â