Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

so now we're down to Richards (still think he's a better right back), Clark and Senderos (who Sherwood doesn't seem to rate given his lack of pre-season starts)

bloody nora

hope we've got a good one (or even two!) up our sleeve

Crespo too who can play LB, CB and RB.

And Okore...

Ridgewell didn't have a bad aul' career now in fairness to him.  Although the career path is probably comparable so maybe you were being accurate Andy rather than being unkind :)

So the last thing he did in a Villa shirt was give the ball away so Wolves could score.. All a bit sad really,

Shame he didn't make it here.

Too much gung-ho without thinking or reading the game.

Best of luck!

Always sad to see an academy product not really make it. Like Whittingham ( and probably Weimann too) I think he will do very well in the championship and I wish him the best of luck. unfortunately he just wasn't quite good enough for the Prem. A few more years down the line, with more experience and development he may well be, but we need CBs of Prem quality now so I think its best to move him on.

We have gave him enough opportunities to prove himself. I actually liked him, but he has made a lot of errors during his time here. This is another example of TS trying to get rid of this losing mentality we have at this club and sadly he is one of those players.

Its shame as it would have been great for both him and Clark to make the grade and be long term centre-back partnership for us.

But, like many of our promising, it probably just won't happen for him here. I suspect some of our young players have been "damaged" by the last few years, whereas some of them will be stronger for the experience.

I think we'll see a bit of him around the premier league in years to come...

Good luck to him, he'll do well at Burnley and we may yet rue letting him go.

best of luck to him. surely we'll have to sign another CB now?

We have to yeah, and don't call me surely.

Good luck to him. Never the best CB but not the worst either and some good performances to go with the bad over the last couple of years. Always gave 100% though which is why he goes with my best wishes.

• Like 3

best of luck to him. surely we'll have to sign another CB now?

Agreed. We must have someone lined up...

Cheeky swoop for Cahill

As good as he is, Cahill benefits a lot from playing alongside JT and the other class defenders Chelsea have. Very good player, don't get me wrong, but I always got the impression he needs real quality next to him.

• Like 1

Â